elitebds

Win 7 Code 52 (no signature for drivers)

My hard drive crashed and so I just got a new hard drive and reloaded all the windows and Toshiba software from my back up disks. When I tried to connect to the internet I found out that the Realtek LAN drivers and Ricoh PCI drivers 'had no signature' which means I could not get online. I tried reloading the drivers from the recovery disk and I tried downloading new drivers from Toshiba but nothing works. I have to boot with F8 to even get online (by disabling the signature check). This causes windows to act kind of strange and it is ridiculous to have to boot with F8 every time. How can I get these drivers so windows will recognize them? Anyone have an idea? 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Win 7 Code 52 (no signature for drivers)

[ Edited ]

I just got a new hard drive and reloaded all the windows and Toshiba software from my back up disks.

Exactly what does that mean?

You restored a system image using Windows 7's built-in backup? Or you restored using some third-party backup application?

Or maybe you restored to out-of-box using using Toshiba recovery media and then recovered files that you had backed up?

Or maybe something else?

Also, we don't know which computer you have. Please be specific.

If you want to talk about error messages, you need to quote them exactly. Paraphrasing is useless. But we're not ready for that yet.

-Jerry
elitebds

I have a Toshiba Satellite A500, which I restore to the 'out of the box' configuration using the Toshiba restore disks prepared after I purchased the laptop. After windows was reloaded the following message appeared in device manager

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

for the following devices

Realtek PCIe GBE family controller

Realtex RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Ricoh PCIe Memory stick host controller

Ricoh PCIE SD/MMC Host Controller

Ricoh xD-Picture card controller

Toshiba Software Modem

Bluetooth controller

I used the Toshiba disk to reload the drivers and when that failed I obtained the drivers from this site and loaded the latest versions of the drivers however the error persists. I am only able to access the internet by booting, pressing F8 and selecting the option to run windows without digital signatures.

I would like to know how I can get windows to recognize these drivers so I can boot normally.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I restore to the 'out of the box' configuration using the Toshiba restore disks..

If you have a problem just after restoring the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using the correct Toshiba recovery media, then it's not due to software.

Locate a Toshiba Service Center

-Jerry
elitebds

It is definitly a not a hardware problem because as I said I am able to boot and disable the electronic signature requirement. By doing this I am able to use all of the devices that gave the error messages. However, this means that I will have to boot with F8 every time I start my laptop, which is a bit inconvinient. Also windows asks for permission to do just about anything because there are no electronic signatures. So while I'm not sure if it is a problem with the device drivers or with windows or with the recovery program or all three I am quite sure it is not a  hardware problem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

In another thread, a similar problem was solved by installing the Intel driver iata_enu.exe from here.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

That's supposed to take care of a change to the hard drive.

-Jerry