matty909

WiFi Drivers for Tecra M2 S430 - PTM20U-0M06V8

This is completely nuts.

Despite trying seemingly EVERY accursed WiFi/Network driver on this site I simply CANNOT find a suitable WiFi driver for my Tecra M2 S430 - Part no: PTM20U-0M06V8

What type of WiFi hardware does this thing use?!?

It took me about six hours just to find the Ethernet driver, so at least I can now connect the laptop to the Internet via a LAN cable to my router, but I badly need to get the WiFi working too.

Under the Device Manager I have listed under Other Devices a yellow question mark next to "Network Controller" which is of course the built-in WiFi device.

Cany anyone advise which driver I need please and where to get it before my hair goes grey?

Many thanks!

Regular Advisor
Rincewind

Re: WiFi Drivers for Tecra M2 S430 - PTM20U-0M06V8

And double posting won't help, either.

matty909

And to reply to my accursed double post, here's the solution:

Went to Intel's site and downloaded Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility for Windows XP 32-Bit

So basically the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG drivers - I have no idea why the same drivers from this site didn't work!

Regular Advisor
Rincewind

matty909 wrote:

And to reply to my accursed double post, here's the solution:

Went to Intel's site and downloaded Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility for Windows XP 32-Bit

So basically the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG drivers - I have no idea why the same drivers from this site didn't work!

I can't break the chain, so here's a 'double' glad you got it working.