skeller

Where can I find the PC Diagnostic Tool?

We are having trouble with my wife's Satellite A305 laptop (Windows Vist 64) and I want to run the PC Diagnostic tool that is supposed to have come with it.  When I go to: Start -> All Programs -> Toshiba -> Utilities the program is not there.  Is it on the recovery disks?  If so what is the name of the program?  If it's not on the disk can it be downloaded?  All we could find on the Toshiba site was version for Windows XP.  Where canI get this tool so I can run it?

Thanks,

Spence

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Where can I find the PC Diagnostic Tool?

Try C:/Program Files (X86)/Toshiba/PC Diag/PCDiag. If you have any further questions, please post your COMPLETE model number.  It's on a label on the bottom of the machine. Looks like A305-XXXXX.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
skeller

Hello,

Thanks for responding.  I did not find the diagnostice tool.  There is no "PC Diag" subdirectory in the "c:/Program Files (X86)/Toshiba/" directory.  The full model number is Satellite A305-S6858.

Thanks,

spence

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

You may also have a folder named Program Files without the (X86).  If so, maybe it is there. There is no Download that I can find on the official Toshiba download site located here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=206000...

I have no idea where else to look. And I don't think it would be on the recovery disk since the specs for your machine doesn't show it as installed at the factory.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
skeller

Thanks so much for you help.  I was unsuccessful at locating the utility.  I search the whole disk and it's not there.  I guess I will look into a 3rd party diag tool.

thanks,

spence

hostingdude

[ Edited ]

Skeller,

You can find the Toshiba PC Diagnostics Tool by going to the download section and looking at the available downloads for your model and OS.

You'll see something called:  Toshiba Value Added Pack

It might be abbreviated as:  TVAP

Download and install it -- at the install you'll have a choice of what features to install, and the Toshiba PC Diagnostics Tool is one of those features.  

Now you have it.

Regards,

The 

HOSTINGDUDE 
Cheap Domain Names

Cheapest Web Hosting

[Moderator edit to remove off-topic links.]

Regards,

The 

HOSTINGDUDE 
Cheap Domain Names

Cheapest Web Hosting