connect2asihsh

WIndows 7 Ultimate + LAN Issues

Hi , 

I have a Satellite P755-S5263 laptop. Since my original hard drive has crashed , I had brought a new hard drive and i fresh installed Windows 7 ultimate on to it. 

Next thing after installing is to install drivers and I downloaded the latest LAN and WIFI drivers from Toshoba support. BUt I am not able to install them. My LAN and Wifi used to work fine when my factory shipped hard disk that came with laptop was working. At that point in time I had Windows 7 Home premium.

Some details 

I am tring to install Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver .. during installation i receive a pop up saying "FindFile failed". . On pressing ok it says "New Driver Version Unknown". Further it says "Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is Enabled Please Plug the Cable".

Some body please let me know what should  I do to get this resolved. 

Regards

Ashish

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: WIndows 7 Ultimate + LAN Issues

Satellite P755-S5263

Downloads here.

Windows 7 Home Premium already contains Windows 7 Ultimate, Ashish. It's only a matter of unlocking the new features. That's accomplished in just minutes with Anytime Upgrade (which leaves the drivers undisturbed).

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

Instead of struggling with drivers and utilities, best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media and upgrade that way.

If you failed to burn recovery discs, you can obtain them from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here.

For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery DVDs/media, which begins on p. 76 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro P700 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry