dancer4life5
Accepted Solution

Video Card doesn't support AERO features?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum but....

I just purchased a Toshiba E305-S1995 laptop, and by "just" I mean today. I was personalizing my desktop and I chose one of those pre-selected desktop themes that used Aero features and everything was fine. I performed a couple of updates for Windows 7 as well as some through Toshiba Service Station.

Now I'm getting an error message that says:  The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM).  Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried doing the Windows updates like it suggested but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this, preferably step by step if at all possible?

These are the specs I pulled from the website if they help at all:

Processor3 and Graphics4
• Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor
o 2.3 GHz (2.9 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 3MB Cache
• Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
• Mobile Intel® HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated
shared graphics memory

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Video Card doesn't support AERO features?

Satellite E305-S1995

See what the troubleshooter has to say.

Open the Aero troubleshooter

-Jerry
dancer4life5

Re: Video Card doesn't support AERO features?

That fixed the problem!! Thanks so much, Jerry :smileyhappy:

DNice

Re: Not sure if it's my Video Card or AERO that will not allow ReelTIme launch.

[ Edited ]

Hi Jerry

Just looking for solution to why ReelTime "stops working". I have DX735-ST5N01 All n 1 desktopI have so many things, but cannot find the answer to why ReelTime installs successfully, but when I right click open (or) right click run as admin. The only thing that opens is the initial small pop up box with program name; then nothing happens. Troubleshooter says its a compatibiliy issue, but already tested it as well.

Any thoughts, advice, links, or direction on more trouble shooting, is greatly appreciated maybe it takes a certain Windows program for it to run?

DNice:smileyhappy: