Ted415

Uninstalling Toshiba Bulletin Board

I'm trying to figure out how to uninstall the Bulletin Board app -- have tried a number of different uninstaller programs, and it doesn't seem to get recognized by those programs.  At the very least, I would like to stop it from autostarting, but again, it doesn't even show up as a program that gets autostarted.  Can someone shed some light on how to get rid of this program?  Thanks!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Uninstalling Toshiba Bulletin Board

Control Panel/Programs and Features/Right click Toshiba Bulletin Board/Click Uninstall. You didn't bother to give us the model number and OS so I'm assuming you have Windows 7.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ted415

Hi - thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am running Windows 7, and I did try the Programs and Features in Control Panel -- but the strange thing is that the Toshiba Bulletin Board is not listed among the programs.  All of the other Toshiba programs are there, but not Bulletin Board. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

I don't see how it could be active on your machine and not be listed in Programs and Features but I assume you are sure it's there. You didn't say why you are so adamant about not having it.  It's on both of my machines and has never caused any problem. Do you believe it is causing you some kind of harm?

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ted415

It doesn't show up in Programs and Features (or in Revo Uninstaller or in IOBit's uninstaller).  But it definitely is running -- the notification icon shows up in the taskbar, and TosReelTimeMonitor.exe shows up as a running process in Task Manager. 

It doesn't cause any problems, but it does take up some memory, and I just prefer not to have extraneous programs running in the background. 

Ted415

ah - I found a way to get rid of the program.  First, I installed the newest version from the Toshiba support site, rebooted, and then immediately uninstalled it. 

Anyway, thanks for the quick responses.  Hope this helps other readers. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you made it, Ted. However, I must tell you that the file you mentioned (TosReelTimeMonitor.exe) has absolutely nothing to do with Toshiba Bulletin Board.

C.B.