Ghiperon

USB 3.0 doesn't work

I have Satellite L755-S5358. USB 3.0 doesn't work. I installed the USB3.0 Driver, but it gives the error: 'USB 3.0 Host Controller not found'

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: USB 3.0 doesn't work

Satellite L755-S5358 Specifications

Satellite L755-S5358 Downloads

Let's try a proper system reset and see if this brings your USB 3.0 back. Power off the laptop, unplug the AC from the unit, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, power on, when you see the Toshiba logo, press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load setup defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, thento boot into Windows and test your USB 3.0 again.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

Ghiperon

"if this brings your USB 3.0 back" - it didn't work from the beginning

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

First, perhaps you misunderstand this forum. Though Toshiba USA supplies this space, we're all just user's and other Toshiba owners. We're not Toshiba customer service or tech support personnel.

That being said, you're going to have to be a little more forthcoming if you want any help. Did you try the reset yes or no? If you tried it, did you then immediately test the USB 3.0 port upon restarting after the reset?

Mike

Ghiperon

Yes, I tried all this, but it didn't help

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

We both should have checked your model's specifications. It never came with USB 3.0.

Mike