Accepted Solution

U505-S2950 Missing Drivers From Toshiba Website

[ Edited ]

Product Info:

O.S. Windows 7 (64 bit)

Product:  U505-S2950

part number:  PSU82U-01E002

Situation:

I fresh installed my new hard drive with windows 7 64 bit. After installing, all drivers were downloaded from Toshiba's website and installed into my computer. However, my device manager shows that I am still missing two Drivers.

<driver 1>

Base system device

device type: other unknown

manufacture: unknown

<driver 2>

Base system device

device type: other unknown

manufacture: unknown

Can anyone in Toshiba help me figure out my missing drivers issue. I believe they might be from the motherboard's chip set but I am not sure. If so, why am I having a hard time locating it on the support site.

I've called tech support and it is really hard to explain to a person which drivers I am missing when all the information I have is what is discrbed above. In this post I have attatch an image of my problem for anyone to see.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: U505-S2950 Missing Drivers From Toshiba Website

Satellite U505-S2950

Best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. All the drivers and utilities are properly preinstalled. Windows is preactivated.

If you failed to burn recovery discs, you can obtain them from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery media, which begins on p. 71 of the User's Guide.

Satellite U500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
dan13l

I have the old hard drive, I create a restore CD but I am trying to avoid all the extra things that come with the restore CD. The only thing I want are the Drivers and that is all. Is there an alternative way to install the drivers without installing all the extra thing that come with Toshiba's restore CD. If so that will be very helpful.

dan13l

I found an alternative solution to my problem without creating a restore cd. 

I attached my old hard drive to my computer and search for the drivers with windows automatic search. If anyone need to view my steps I created a PDF step by step instructions. This only works if you are trying to accomplish my exact goal.

The missing drivers were the following:

Ricoh PCIe Memory Stick Host Controllers version 6.10.2.3

Ricoh PCIe xD=Picture Card Controllers version 6.10.1.6

I have no link towards where you can download these drivers but you can probably search online.