ghosted54
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Service Station

Plz Help .. For the past week I have been getting the popup message "Toshiba Service Station has stopped working" whenever I bootup my L555D-S7930 Satellite laptop. I am running Windows 7 (32 bit). This popup has 2 options .. Search online and close app or close app. I have tried the "search" option but it does not seem to be fixing the problem because it still comes up the next time I bootup. Most of the time I just use the "Close" option but I would like to either fix the problem or if the app is not needed then to just shut it down. 

Leticia

Re: Toshiba Service Station

Hi, I have the same problem and my usb's are not working I have a Satellite L305D-S5881, any help will be appreciated.

2868416a

Hello, I also have the same problem with toshiba service station. Select the option to seek a solution and nothing seems to seek. When I start the pc, the window appears again with the problem. Select close program, and that removes the window until you restart Windows. If anyone knows how to solve the problem or if this happening to others, appreciate your help. ahhh I have a Toshiba Satellite L515-SP4943 with windows 7 thanks
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

ghosted54

I did the reinstall process but it did not resolve the problem. in fact it did not even slow it down. So, I have uninstalled the bloody thing.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Service Station is basically useless anyway so you aren't missing much by uninstalling it.

Go to the Communicate link at the top of this page and click on the Sign Up For Updates link.  Now fill in the model number of the system or systems that you want to keep track of and you will recieve an e-mail whenever there is an update posted for that model.  The service station only alerts you to Critical updates while the Sign Up For Updates will alert you to ALL updates which is much more useful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

katJim60

Me too service station stopped working should I uninstall it ?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Yes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

cesarb77

Hi, I have the same problem. The service station are not working. I have a Satellite T115D-SP2001L, any help will be appreciated

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Like I stated previously, uninstall it and follow the instructions for signing up for updates by e-mail.  It works better.

m_espola

I have a Satellite L5005D-ES5025.

After the free antivirus expired I installed a free AVG edition. Since then, the Toshiba Service Station message appears every time I turn on the computer.

Do you want to see the problem signature?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Without knowing what it says it's impossible to tell you anything about it so what do you think?

erniepm

[ Edited ]

I have a Satellite U505-S2002 running Windows 7 64bit and haven't had any problems until the TSS stopped error started popping up. I would get new message alerts but when I go to open it, it's gone from bulletin inbox.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing TSS with no resolve.

I signed up for updates too but anyway to fix this now? I know I have missed at least 2 messages.

Also I haven't received any updates via email either.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

They only send you e-mails when something is updated.  I haven't recieved one since the first week of May when the last updated file was posted for my system so it's not uncommon to go months without any updates. 

The only way that I have found to get Service Station to start working again is to restore the system back to it's factory shipped state which is more of a hassle than it's worth.  SS is basically useless and you are NOT missing anything by not having it.  Just uninstall the POC and be done with it. 

Angie248

I have the same problem for my toshiba satellite C655.  Help me!!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

And the same answer that I've posted numerous times already applies to you as well. 

L777Ny

I have an A665-S6051 using Windows 7 x64 with the same issue.  After uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Toshiba Support version to no avail, I just uninstalled it completely.  Like suggested above, I'm signed up for e-mail notifications.  Glad to know that Service Station provided no other purpose.

aevojoey

I got it working by copying the entire folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station" to "C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station" so it is in both.

The problem may be caused by the "%Program Files%" sees only one of the Program Files folders.

piller5610

I have the same problem and mine is a C655 series

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Try the options posted above to see what works for you.