cube216

Re: Toshiba Service Station

I was having the same problem went to thius link and downloaded new version took care of the problem good luck

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=276103...

lawman001

I have a A505-S6014 and my service station just started responding slow whenever I open it. It takes approximately 4 minutes before it opens up. Anyone else have this issue?

chris85

Hi I want to now what to do buecause it keeps appearing a messege in my laptop Satellite A665-S5170, that says TOSHIBA SERVICE STATION STOP WORKING, and I always click the option that say check for online solutions and appears that the probleme is fix but when I turn on my computer again the messege appears on my screen this is every day. If you know how to fix the problem please let me know the son as posible.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

As I've stated numerous times in this thread just uninstall it and go with the E-Mail Updates.  See my previous post for details. (Post number 4 I think).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Peter

This thread has been moved to another message board. Click the link to jump to its new location.

HBOMB

I updated to the new Toshiba Service Center for my Toshiba Satellite C655D and not for some reason it says that it is not responding. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but I am still having the same issues that I had before. I have even tried to do the factory reset and then reinstall and it does not even not even work .  The Station update is labeled as 2.2.13 . Since this service has not been working I have been constantly checking the Toshiba website to see if there are any updates for my laptop . I hope that someone can resolve this issue for me and maybe someone out there has had the same problem and can benefit for the knowledge that I will gain .

Thanks ,

H. Simpson

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Just follow the instructions I posted previously to sign up for the E-Mail updates.  It's easier and doesn't waste CPU cycles and ram running what is essentially a useless program.  Toshiba will send you an e-mail within a few days of any updates that pertain to your system.  For most people, that will only be a couple of times a year or less.  Toshiba doesn't update things that often anyway. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

HBOMB

C655D-5200 is the full model number and I have had a few glitch's since I installed the new service pack ... I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it or maybe someone will roll out a improved update. I have already signed up to get email updates and that is what I meant by knowing when the updates were there but that requires more time to updated that way. That is my reason for my rant.....

Thanks

Heath

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

First, if you have signed up for the e-mail updates why do you constantly have to check the support site for updates?  There can't be that many of them. 

Second, if the computer is otherwise running correctly you do NOT need to be installing updates anyway.  Unlike Windows and AntiVirus Updates that actual do need to be installed in a timely manner, 99% of the updates Toshiba makes available aren't relevant or necessary for 99.9999999% of users. 

About the only way to get SS working again will be to backup ALL of your data, use the Recovery Disks to return the system to it's factory out of box state, install all of the Windows updates, install all of your additional apps, tweak the system to your liking, then restore the data. Since that might not get SS running again (I've seen it happen quite often) it really isn't worth the hassle, especially if the system is running properly otherwise.  I've seen it take up to a dozen restore to factory out of box states perform one after the other to get SS running again which is one of the reasons why I continue to say it isn't worth it.  Throw in how Bios updates performed via SS tend to mess up rendering the system unbootable and requiring one to send or take the laptop to a service center at a cost of over $100 (the last time I checked) and it just isn't worth the time or effort necessary to fix Service Station.  Spend the 5 minutes once a month or so checking for updates manually or wait for the e-mail from Toshiba, then only install an update that addresses an issue that you actually have.  You'll be much better off. 

iCagriKurt

"Go to the Communicate link at the top of this page and click on the Sign Up For Updates link.  Now fill in the model number of the system or systems that you want to keep track of and you will recieve an e-mail whenever there is an update posted for that model.

"

Hey cee_64,

Thanks a lot for your replies and your support. I saw the "sing up for updates" stuff while I was reading your reply. When I checked my laptop's bottom, the official sticker says the model is "Satellite A665-14F" but I cannot find this model anywhere in the toshiba's website. Could you help me with that please?

Thanks in advance,

Ibrahim

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

That's because it isn't a USA model.  This is the USA Support Site which only supports USA models.  From what I can tell that is a European model so you'll need to go to the European Support Site to sign up for updates, download drivers and other updates, etc.

tabaref

Toshiba Service Station A505 SP6021L

I have been receiving the message "Toshiba Service Station ha dejado de funcionar" each time I start the computer.  Would you mind telling me what can I do?

Thanks.

The OS is windows 7 64 and it's in spanish.

HBOMB

Re: Toshiba Service Station A505 SP6021L

That means a serious malfunction .... you may want do a system reset to correct it....
ldc50

Re: Toshiba Service Station L755

My Toshiba L755 pops up a Toshiba Service Station every time I start it.  The message is "One or more modules failed to loan.  This process will be terminated."  What does this mean?  It seems like my computer is working.  Is this something I need to be worried about?

dkenny

[ Edited ]

Hello I keep getting this error when I start up my computer. and Windows7 keeps flagging this problem

Solve a problem with Toshiba Service Station

Toshiba Service Station has stopped working properly.

A newer version of this software is available for download that solves this problem. Toshiba recommends updating to take advantage of security and stability improvements.

I cant find a newer version or any updates, please help!

Here is my computer info:

Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4030

Model PSKOQU-00Q04

Windows 7 Home Premium

Thank you for your help!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Please edit your post to remove your Serial Number.  It isn't needed and should NEVER be posted in a public forum.  No support person would ever need or ask for the serial number for any reason in a public forum.  They might ask you to send it via a PM, but only do that if you know the person is an actual employee of the company (like Jim, the admin here sometimes requests it to assist users).  NONE of the rest of us are Toshiba Employees and have no need or use for your serial number.

Service Station doesn't work all that well when it does run.  The only way that anyone has found to fix it when this happens is to use the Recovery Process to restore the system back to it's factory out of box state.  That normally only works for a short time before it stops working again so it isn't worth the trouble.  Go to the Support Home link at the top of this page.  Now fill in the model number of the system or systems that you want to keep track of, click on the  Subscribe to E-Mail Updates, and you will recieve an e-mail whenever there is an update posted for that model.  The service station only alerts you to Critical updates while the Subscribe To E-Mail Updates will alert you to ALL updates which is much more useful.

If you really must have Service Station, you can find the latest version at that same page. It might not be any newer, but that will be the latest one available.

schatze

[ Edited ]

I have a satelite c655d and  very shortly after I bought it the service station has stopped working message started to appear. I have been burned to the point of blistering, the computer freezes, I have replaced the battery but the overheating still continues. I wou;ld not buy another Toshiba after the bad experience I have had with this. The full model numbewr is      c655d-55136

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

First, you have a C655D-S55136, not a C655D-55136. 

Part of your problem is getting a laptop (and it doesn't matter what brand) with an AMD processor in it. The AMD processors themselves are OK, but the supporting chipsets aren't even close to as stable and problem free as an Intel based chipset is. When they do work properly the AMD laptops perform as well overall as an Intel based one, but they run hotter. AMD based systems are fine in desktops where you have flexability in cooling and can mix and match components, but not on a laptop. It's the reason why many manufacturers do not offer AMD based laptops (or even desktops) as they entail considerably more support resources than Intel based systems.

Finally, based on the specs that is pretty much a bottom of the barrel, low end, economy laptop. (remember that the Satellite is Toshiba's entry level, lowere end line) so they aren't as well built or as trouble free as the better Toshiba lines.

To sum it up, the problem isn't that you bought a Toshiba.   The problem is you bought the wrong Toshiba.

Addendum:  Just so there are no misunderstandings I want to clear a couple of things up before someone gets their panties in a bunch. I am not saying that ALL AMD based laptops are bad or that all Intel laptops are perfect. Some people have AMD based laptops that work perfectly fine and some have Intel based systems that have significant problems. What I'm trying to convey is that your chances of getting a problem free (or at least low problem) laptop is significantly better with an Intel based system. My Satellite L305-S5933 has been running quite well for going on 4 years (this coming July), especially since I dumped Vista for Windows 7. There have been a few fairly miner issues during that time, the biggest was the problem with the Matsu**bleep**a DVD drive that would stop working every couple of days for no apparent reason. I ended up replacing it with a Lite-On from an E-Machine that has worked perfectly and burns considerably better than the Matsu**bleep**a that originally came in it.

The battery is showing about 22% wear now so the run time has decreased by about 25 minutes, but that is a lot better than the HP DV6T my wife bought a couple of months before I got the Toshiba. The HP battery is essentially shot and will only run about 5 minutes on a full charge. Considering that I have had my Toshiba running 24/7/365 for the past 2 years (except for transport time) I think it has tood the test of time for reliability, but then it's an Intel based laptop.

schatze

dont care what model I have or if it is not the top of the line the laptop is a piece of crap, If I had read the other reviews  firsst I would never have bought this. All of the problems have been going on after only having this a few months

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

If it's still under warranty I would back up all of your data and send it in to Toshiba for repair before the warranty runs out. That's what the warranty is for.