SelflessPeryton

Toshiba Satellite C855-S5214 Drivers Help

[ Edited ]

My mother's Toshiba Satellite recently had a major error. Unfortunately, the family handling the error never chose to write down the error number. Anyway, she had to re-install Windows 7 to the laptop, but now is missing several drivers.

These are the devices that are missing drivers according to the Device Manager:

Ethernet controller
Network controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller
USB2.0-CRW

She is currently running Windows 7 x64

I am already searching the forums and other sites on which drivers I should or should not install, but besides of searching for those, I'm asking here on what else I may need. The only answer I've had thus far is "Download EVERYTHING," but I've had a lot of bad things happen by doing exactly that.

So, long story short; What drivers do I need to retrieve or ignore?

Many thanks in advance.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satellite C855-S5214 Drivers Help

Satellite C855-S5214

It's best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. All the drivers and utilities are properly preinstalled. Windows is preactivated.

If no recovery discs were created, you can obtain them from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here.

For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery media, which begins on p. 67 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro C800 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
afarnsley

Re: Toshiba Satellite C855-S5214 Drivers Help

@SelflessPeryton -  Were you able to get these drivers?  I'm having the exact same problem, and none of the drivers online are compatible at all.  Thanks!