Occasional Contributor
AceH
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows

Bluetooth on my Toshiba Laptop M45-S269 will not add a Bluetooth device to the "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba". When trying to add a new device I get the following error: "You cannot connect to a device that is not copyright-protected by SCMS-T method." I can still send and receive Bluetooth items, but I cannot add the device to the "Toshiba Bluetooth Stack". P.S. I'm trying to add my Home Desktop Computer's Bluetooth connection to my Toshiba Laptop. I am able to add my other devices to each other including my Asus Transformer Tablet to the "Toshiba Bluetooth Stack".
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows

Satellite M45-S269

SCMS

See the solution I proposed here.

Cardo S2 Headset with Toshiba Bluetooth

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AceH

Thanks.  I did the registry changes and now I'm able to discover the PC.  When I do the Bluetooth pairing I get a "pairing failed" message.  I'm 99.99% sure I using the correct pairing key.  How can I check to see what the pairing key actually is?  I changed it from the default key and it's the same pairing key I've been using so I can't figure this out.  I successfully used this pairing key just a few days ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I'm trying to add my Home Desktop Computer's Bluetooth connection to my Toshiba Laptop.

I have never tried to connect two computers that way. Are you just fooling around?

How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AceH

Maybe I phrased the incorrectly.  I want to send photos between the two computers via Bluetooth.  That's what I was thinking when I said "connect two compuers...".

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I want to send photos between the two computers..

Why use Bluetooth? I don't understand.

Ordinarily, we network the computers using cable or WiFi.

Tell us more about the computers.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
AceH

I want to have all my devices paired with each other.  I have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer Tablet with Bluetooth that I use to send photos among my devices.  I was able to pair all of the devices with no problem except the Toshiba Laptop which is why I'm here.  I have paired the Asus Tablet with the Desktop Computer and the Desktop Computer with the Tablet and a Bluetooth printer.  The Asus Tablet does not support WiFi printing and only supports photos via Bluetooth.

My Desktop Computer is running Win VISTA Premium and my Toshiba Laptop is running Win XP SP3.

Occasional Contributor
AceH

[ Edited ]

Issue has been resolved.  I uninstalled Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windws and re-installed it. I then did the registry fix supplied by Jerry from a link posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks Jerry.  I will mark this post solved by your thread.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I uninstalled Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windws and re-installed it.

Thanks for letting us know what fixed it.

(Never ran across networking computers that way.)

-Jerry