jgasber

TPCHSrv.exe has encountered a problem - error on Satellite Pro S300M running XP Pro

I have two new Satellite Pro S300M-EZ2421 laptops that both exhibit this error.

I have removed Norton Internet Security and Microsoft Office trial.

I have run all Windows XP Pro updates

I installed Sunbelt Vipre AV

Event viewer shows this

Faulting application TPCHSrv.exe, version 1.0.0.7, faulting module TPCHSrv.exe, version 1.0.0.7, fault address 0x000261c6.

I am at a loss on why this error is occuring, within 90 seconds of startup, every time.

Any suggestions on why or where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: TPCHSrv.exe has encountered a problem - error on Satellite Pro S300M running XP Pro

Did you use the Norton Removal Tool to remove Norton Security or did you use the uninstall routine?  To properly remove it you need to use the Norton Removal Tool or leaves a TON of junk behind.  If you didn't download it now and run it to remove the rest of the crap it left behind.

Also download the Microsoft Installer CleanUp Utility to remove the leftover crap from removing the Office Trial. 

If you still get that error try installing the updated Toshiba PC Health Monitor for Windows XP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jgasber

Re: TPCHSrv.exe has encountered a problem - error on Satellite Pro S300M running XP Pro

cee_64 that appears to have done the trick - Thanks for the help!!!

jgasber

I spoke too soon.

I ran the Norton and Microsoft removal tools and thought that did the trick.

I now only receive the error once every couple of reboots, but it remains.

I attempted to run the installation for the updated PC Health Monitor referenced but I get an error when I run the installation

It errors off say that
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

and asks me to looking for a path to the installaiton package for 'Toshiba PC Health Monitor.msi'

No file with that name is in the download.

Thanks again for the help.
Josh