liyamon07
Accepted Solution

TOSHIBA L650 NETWORK CONTROLLER AND PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER

Dear sir,

I have reinstalled windows 7 in my toshiba L650(satellite L650-10 system unit)laptop.

Part NO: PSK 1JE 00S00XAR

After installation it shows two driver missing in device manager.

ie 1)NETWORK CONTROLLER

2)PCI simple communication controller.

Please let me know how to fix it and from which site i can download the apt drivers.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: TOSHIBA L650 NETWORK CONTROLLER AND PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER

[ Edited ]

This unit is esstentially the same as yours:

Satellite L650-10M PSK1JE-00S00UF3 Specifications

Satellite L650-10M PSK1JE-00S00UF3 Downloads

You will notice on the specifications, at the end of the 'Operating System' section/line it says "(pre-installed, Toshiba-HDD recovery)". This meant that there was a recovery partition on your hard disk drive (HDD) that could have restored the HDD to its factory default out-of-the-box condition. The instructions for this begin on page 1-12 (31) of your L650 User Guide.  It would apprear you have probably wiped out this partition, that contained your OS, Toshiba drivers, software, etc, when you reinstalled Windows 7. This makes it much easier to reinstall your system and drivers, as well as test for any possible hardware failures. You may want to order the replacement recovery disks for your system, and rebuild it with these.

Ordering Recovery Media

Otherwise, loading your Toshiba drivers and software in the correct order is critial. The downloads link at top will work just fine in your system

For drivers, generally you want to load:

1) Chipset related

2) Display

3) Sound

4) then all other drivers

For Toshiba utilities/software

1) Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP)

2) Toshiba Flash Card Utility (sometimes included in the above)

3) then all other Toshiba utilities and software

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Good luck.

Mike

liyamon07

Thanx for your time,I have gone thruogh the links you have posted.

but i couldn't see NETWORK CONTROLLER AND PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER(i mean the exact terms even though there are more than 20 drivers)

Both may be in other names i dont know,so please let me know the term those which  listed in ' drivers ' can successfully replace the above two.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

I mean you no offence. But, it sounds like you are not very technically minded. So, again, I would recommend in the stongest possible terms that you obtain the Toshiba recovery disks and use these to rebuild your system. These will automatically reload all your OS, drivers and utilities in the correct order and rebuild your recovery partition.

However, if you're unwilling to do this, follow these instructions. These drivers are all for the Windows 7 64bit version your computer originally came with.  I believe the PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER will be handled by the Chipset drivers. These are all zip files, so you will have to extract the .exe to install them. Download and install these drivers, in this order:

Chip Set Utility Intel

Rapid Storage Technology Driver Intel

Turbo Boost Technology Intel

Intel Management Engine Interface Intel

Display Driver ATI

Sound Driver Conexant

LAN Driver Atheros

Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool Toshiba

Registry Patch

In 'Device Manager - Other devices', you will probably still have an unknown 'NETWORK CONTROLLER'. Use this article to help you indentify the device, then load the appropriate driver.

How to identify an unknown device

Wireless LAN Driver Downloads

Good luck.

Mike

liyamon07

Dear mike,

Problem got fixed,Thanx a lots.

Hats off!

Everything was fine but network controller,when i found the apt driver,could easily download it and install it.

May god bless you.

Super Advisor
miker643

I'm just glad it worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Mike

machismo

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba R835-P56X and installed most of the drivers, but I'm still having problems getting the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver.  I clicked the link for "how to identify an unknown device", located my vendor and device id, and searched.  It came back with "Intel" which basically tells me nothing.  It's too late for me to start over and install the drivers in the order you specified.  When I try to get Windows 7 to automatically update or find driver, it isn't able to.  I even called tech support and they told me it was the Smart Card Reader, although installing that driver didn't fix the problem.  Any suggestions as to what it could be and how I can get it installed without downloading and installing every single driver from the website until one works?

ashanub

Hi, can you please provide a link to where you found the drivers? my laptop has the same problem and I really need it fixed. Thanks.

kstapk

I had the same problem.  I installed the "Intel Management Enigine Interface" driver and it fixed the problem.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3267255