wonderwall8

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and Video Controller not working for Satellite L305-S5919

[ Edited ]

So around a year ago I installed a printer, I don't remember what it was but someone accidentally clicked the opener thing to where you insert a cd or dvd. The cd to the printer came out and never finished installing. It messed up my entire laptop by making the screen bigger and it wouldn't let me uninstall what was already installed of the printer on there. Eventually it finally did and I got the screen to go back decently to what it was. My laptop since then doesn't hibernate, go to sleep, and when I take out the power chord, the screen doesn't dim like the original settings had it. My laptop was able to read cds and still plays them and imports them in itunes just fine, but the dvds never work and can't be played with windvd or windows media.

Last night i went to control panel>hardware and sounds>device manager>update device driver and then found out that my standard vga graphics adapter and an unknown driver had a little yellow triangle by them. I clicked on update driver, but it said that the standard vga graphics adapter was the latest one I could get. Then, I tried uninstalling both which worked. Then I installed Microsoft Fix It Center, which reinstalled my standard vga graphics adapter but told me there was an error installing the video controller and asked for the disk, but I don't recall my computer ever coming with a disc.

So my problem is I can't play dvds with windvd or windows media because there is something wrong with the video controller and the standard vga graphics adapter. So is there a place I can download the video controller and standard vga graphics adapter where they are compatible with each other?

Thanks a lot, please help.

L455user

Re: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and Video Controller not working for Satellite L305-S5919

Are you using Windows 7 ?

wonderwall8

Re: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and Video Controller not working for Satellite L305-S5919

No. I've always had Windows Vista Basic

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Your best bet at this point would be to back up all of your data to an external hard drive, usb drive, etc. then use your recovery disks or the hard drive based recovery process to restore the system to it's factory out of box state and start over. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

lool2moon

hi

i have the sem proplem

and the sem lap\satellite l305-s5919

vga video

windows xp sp3

i would like have download link so soon

if u can send 2 me mail ( mwmw_555@hotmail.com)

thinx

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

This is a FORUM, not a mailing list so all answers are posted to the forum.  If you want e-mail notification when a post of yours has been answered you need to configure your settings to do so. 

If you have a USA product go to the product support link at the top of this page, enter in your model number, then click on the downloads tab.  Now download the drivers, utilities, and applications for that model.  You can use the left hand Drop Down Menu to filter for OS and the right hand DDM to filter for type of file.

You might need to click on the blue text link that states Show All Models to show yours.

If your laptop is from a different country you will need to go to that countries Support Site to download the necessary drivers. 

Since my laptop is a variation of yours it uses the same drivers so I know that they work on XP SP3 as that is what I have on mine. 

If you want an updated driver you can get them from http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm   Scroll down to the Work Around section towards the bottom to find out how to install the Intel supplied driver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

billjobs

Hello,

I have a problem in my warcraft, I cannot play beacause its something to do with 3D acceleration.

Maybe, its about the video controller, I not yet having a driver. I am using a Windows 7 ultimate, 32bit.

my display adaptor is; Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, My laptop is Toshiba E9/420CDE.

I hope you can tell some compatible drivers for that.

-jerome

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Numerous things here. First, you should have started a new thread about your specific model instead of necro-posting on a 2 1/2 year old thread about an entirely different computer. Nothing noted previously in this thread would relate to your system and anyone looking at the thread subject would have no idea that you were asking about a different model than the subject mentions.

Next, from what I can tell that model is some sort of DynaBook and not sold here in the USA. With that in mind you need to be asking this question in the support forum where that model is sold instead of here where it isn't as we wouldn't have any information on that model here in the USA support site. I don't know what geographic region actually sld and supported that model though, and the new support site here in the USA makes it EXTREMELY difficult to go searching for similar models like we used to.

Thirdly, you'll need to give us the specific information about the display chipset used on that laptop for us to offer any assistance. Standard VGA Graphics is only telling us what display mode it is using, not what chipset it is. Without knowing the chipset it's impossible to tell you what driver you need that might help.

Finally, from what I can tell that model is about 10 years old. The chances of it having a display chipset that is powerful enough for warcraft (or most other games) and supports Windows 7 is rather small. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you probably won't be able to play warcraft on that laptop with Windows 7. The chances of it being able to do so under Windows XP is better, but not guaranteed. You'll more than likely need to get a newer, more powerful laptop to do that.

If you can come up with some specific hardware specs on that model I can probably point you to the latest display driver for it, but I cant guarantee it will be able to play warcraft (or any other game)