iteachgrade2

Some FN keys not working on L875D-S7332

[ Edited ]

I am unable to use some of the FN keys on Satellite L875D-S7332, purchased in Nov. It is running Windows 8.

My husband did some uninstalling & reinstalling and the keys stopped working.

The following FN + F? key combinations do work - F4 (display), F9, F10, F11 (volume & mute)

The following DO NOT work - F2, F3 (display brightness), F5 (touchpad), F12 (wifi adapter). I also do not see the flashcard lineup of all FN keys & their function when I press one that works.

We did install TC30511200D from Toshiba drivers.

Is there a TVAP or something similar for a S7332 that would restore the complete FN keys functionality.

Thank you.

-amy.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Some FN keys not working on L875D-S7332

Satellite L875D-S7332

Downloads here.

Amy what happens if you install the earlier version of the utility, before it was rewritten to include 32-bit Windows?

Toshiba Function Key (Version 1.00.25 - Released Date 08/14/12)

-Jerry
iteachgrade2

Jerry,

thank you for the reply. When I try to install the older version (1.00.25) over the newer (TC30511200D), I get the message that a newer version of the software is already installed.

So I uninstalled the newer & installed the older.

The screen brightness controls worked once, I had to close the laptop lid for a few minutes, when I reopened it, the brightness controls ( F2 & F3 ) and wifi (F12) do not work, but the other F keys seem to be working.

I tried reinstalling 1.00.25 again, no difference, any other suggestions ?

I rebooted my laptop and found that the  FN+F2 & FN+F3 keys work for a few seconds after the reboot and then they stop working.

Also, I am familiar with the S7332 downloads page link you sent earlier, but there are too many downloads listed and I don't know which ones really beneficial. If there is a critical toshiba driver that I should have installed, please let me know. At present the only toshiba programs listed under "Programs and Features" is the "TOSHIBA Function Key".  I welcome any suggestions.

thank you.

-amy.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Sometimes resetting the computer has proved fruitful.

With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

-Jerry