dylonnn

Satellite P105-s9722 Driver Problems

Hi guys working on a p105-s9722 for a friend and had to do a total back up and reformat via an OEM XP Pro disc provided by the customer. Now that the computer is functional again ofcourse there are missing drivers due to the way windows was reinstalled. Among these drivers are the Ethernet Controller, PCI Controller, SM Bus Controller, Mass Storage controller and an "Unknown Device". I know that most of these are chipset driver related but I cannot find the chipset driver on toshibas related page (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=146877....) Also the ethernet controller driver locate on that page isnt working. I downlad, unzip, and then try and reinstall the driver via windows and it says "driver not located". When I view the files downloaded I dont see any type of setup.exe or driver file. Is it possible for anyone to direct me to these drivers or atleast in a better direction ( goggle tells me nothing). Any information is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Time is of the essence. Thank you.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite P105-s9722 Driver Problems

Satellite P105-S9722 (PSPA6U-03D019)

Look for more Toshiba software at the European site in the corresponding part-number family PSPA6E here.

In particular, these two should be installed prior to other drivers.

nVidia Display Driver for Windows XP, 8.4.0.0, 15/10/07

display-20071015143703.zip

Intel Chip Set Utility for Windows XP, 7.2.2.1006, 12/10/07

csutil-20071012105323.zip

The rest of the installation order matters sometimes too. See the attachment.

-Jerry
dylonnn

Thanks for the help jerry! I've managed to sift through and find most of the drivers needed. However I'm still missing 2 drivers. A "Modem device on high definition audio bus" found after I installed the sound card drivers and an "Unknown Device". Seems to me that its a PCI modem driver that Im missing but I cannot find it on the US or EU driver sites. Any info is GREATLY APPRECTIATED. Thank you.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

1. Try this modem driver. It works for some models in that part-number family. Let us know.

Conexant Software Modem Driver for Windows XP

2. Some problems could be caused by the installation order. I forgot to attach it to my previous message.

3. You can now order the Toshiba recovery media online.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry