cmmitch

Satellite C655 USB ports stopped working

The USB ports on my C655 laptop running windows 7 have stopped working. If I run a diagnostic test it indicates everything is fine. Also in device manager it reports all the drivers are working properly. I have tried plugging in a couple of flash drivers that work on other systems and they aren't recognized. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Satellite C655 USB ports stopped working

[ Edited ]

If the the diagnostic and device manager both report USB ports to be working, and they were working fine before, perhaps you have installed some software or driver that is conflicting with their operation. I would suggest thinking about when specifically did they stop working? Then, go into System Restore and see if you have a restore point of some driver or software around, or just before, that date. If you do, try rolling back to that restore point and see if that resolves your problem.

If that doesn't work, you could try reinstalling the Windows 7 USB drivers, or Chipset drivers for your specific C655 model.

You should always post the specific model number when posting a problem, like C655-S5049, also what operating system and version that you are running, like Windows 7 64bit.

Mike

muradh50

I have satellite C655-S5061 running windows 7 64 pit with the same problem since I recently added samsung 64 pit mobile phone drivers. It worked fine for a very short time ( 1 day), then all the sudden started showing a non recognition message of the USB port, however the second port is working properly. I followed the instructions  listed in this thread  by removing the mobile drivers .. with no success

any other suggestion?

thanks

Murad

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Murad

Did you only remove, ie un-install  or rollback, the phone drivers? Or, did you do a System Restore to the point when you install the Samsung drivers? 

If you did you proper System Restore, have you tried reinstalling the chipset drivers for your model?

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc50066600e.exe

muradh50

I actually uninstalled the Samsung drivers, but did not restore. I did not have a restoring point prior to the Samsung driver installation.  I did though install your link for Toshiba drivers, but unfortunately did not do any good. Still the USB is not recognized.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

See this reply I made to you on another thread.

Steps to try to resolve USB problem

Mike