kmmjcl

Satellite C655 Ethernet Driver

I am in need of the Ethernet driver for windows 7 [32 bit], it is not listed on the driver page nor is it identified by manufacturer on the specs page.  Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Satellite C655 Ethernet Driver

[ Edited ]

Which C655?  They make several different models.   Without knowing specifically which one it's impossible for any of us to know which one you need.

If you go in device manager, click on the pci simple communications controller, go in property and then go in details.  You will see a code like per example PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in my case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.  Once you have the two codes, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/   Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware.  From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

Or try Unknown Device Identifier 7.00 to see if it can lead you to the proper driver.  http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

fedezarazaga

Did you have the ethernet driver for Windows 7 32 bits for my new TOSHIBA Satellite C655-SP4132L? Please, there´s no driver for this model on Toshiba support web site and no CD or DVD are in the original box of the laptop.

AlbaPaz

Seems the LAN drivers for Toshiba Satellite C655-SP4132L on Windows 7 are very hard to find.  I´ve been searching with no luck.  The PC did not come with manuals, CDs, nothing.  I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.   I bought the machine and Windows 7 in Chile.  Any advice?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Linux.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

AlbaPaz

... uh Linux, no can do.  Already bought Windows 7.  How is it possible that the driver does not exist?  I´m very disappointed in Toshiba.  It could be conceivable with some other lesser know laptop brand name but - huh?  How is it possible ?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Drivers are definitely available, but when you purchase a computer with no Operating System it's normally intended to run something other than Windows so quite often the computer manufacturer will not list Windows drivers for it in their download section.  Since Toshiba doesn't list the controller chipset in the specs one of the easiest ways to identify it (if running Unknown Device Identifier as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts doesn't point you to a driver) would be to load a recent Linux Live CD which would more than likely have the drivers included.  You don't have to install Linux, just load the Live CD and see if it can identify the chipset used.  Once you identify it you should be able to go to that manufacturer's support site to aquire the needed drivers for Windows.

AlbaPaz

Thanks very much.  This is very good info  :smileyhappy:  Much appreciated

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

No problem.  I do what I can. 

lil2sweet5

Ok I've read your post but I have no experience with Linux at all.  Where in the world do I found out which drivers I need for Windows in the Linux system.  I have Ubuntu running from the CD and of course everything is working perfectly...Windows so sucks..LOL

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

What version of Ubuntu? It won't tell you what driver, but it can identify the chipset used that will lead you to the driver.  Without knowing which version of Ubuntu it's impossible to tell you what steps to take as the different versions have different steps.

And specifically which C655?

lil2sweet5

Its the C655-S5232 and I am using Ubuntu 11.10

lil2sweet5

32bit Ubuntu

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

Toshiba doesn't have a C655-S5232 model.  Do you by chance mean the C655D-S5232 (the D is important as it differentiates between Intel and AMD models)?  If so the WiFi driver is listed on the Support Page and can be found on the last Recovery Disk (the Apps and Drivers Disk) that you were supposed to make from the Recover Partition that came on your laptop with the pre-installed 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium.  There are two different WiFi chipsets (Atheros and Realtek) that could have been installed in that model, so you might need to try both to see which ones works on yours. 

You need to recheck what your model number actually is before posting again, and include the part number as well.  That will look something like PSC0YU-028002.

I'll need to find a copy of 11.10 and see what the steps are for determining the chipset, but it's normally found where you log into the Wireless settings area.  I stopped using Ubuntu after they dumped Gnome and went to the Unity Desktop so I don't have one available to check for specifics at the moment. 

lil2sweet5

I found what I was looking for.  Thanks for your patience.  It is a C655D-S5232, that made the difference when I was searching.  I feel like such a nutcase now.  Apparently my daughter did not make a recovery disk for her laptop which is why I'm having problems.  I had to install a new copy of Windows 7 on her pc before it would even boot up.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

It sucks when people don't take the time to read the instruction/user/owners manual before using a product.  Of course I blame Toshiba as much as anyone for this problem as they don't prompt you to make the Recovery Disks like most of the other brands do. 

Anyway, glad you got it figured out. 

scgran

im having difficulty in locating drivers for the following laptop c655d-s5130.I am needing to find out what model wireless adapter comes in these as well as the ethernet adapter that comes in these since I recently had to do a clean install of the operating system. If you could provide a link to the drivers for this laptop it would be greatly appreciated.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

If you have a USA product go to the product support link at the top of this page, enter in your model number, then click on the downloads tab.  Now download the drivers, utilities, and applications for that model.  You can use the left hand Drop Down Menu to filter for OS and the right hand DDM to filter for type of file.

You might need to click on the blue text link that states Show All Models to show yours.

If your laptop is from a different country you will need to go to that countries Support Site to download the necessary drivers.   The Global Portal can be found here to aid you in finding YOUR specific support area.
http://pc.support.global.toshiba.com/

I checked, and the drivers for that model are listed there.  If none of them work, use the Drivers Disk from the Recovery Disk Set you made when you purchased the laptop to install the drivers.  If you failed to make them, contact Toshiba to purchase a set of Recovery Disks for that model.

You can also try some of the other suggestions I mentioned previously in this thread to determine the chipsets used and aquire the drivers directly from the chipset manufacturers.

messedupbug2

Re: Satellite C655D-s5130 Ethernet Driver

Message in my device manager that says theethernet controller. device function summary.  drivers for the manufacturer is unknown, location PCI 6, device 0, function 0

never installed anything in my toshiba so this device would be factory can anyone please tell me how to resolve this problem

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Satellite C655D-s5130 Ethernet Driver

Without your telling us what the EXACT and COMPLETE model number of your laptop there is no way for anyone to tell you what driver you need, or where to get it.  We will also need to kinow what operating system you are installing (or already installed).

Or you could look on the Drivers and Apps Disk from the Recovery Disk Set you made when you first got the laptop. You did make that set didn't you? If not, do that now and you will have the driver you need.