english_bayonet

Satellite A500 - Inbuilt webcam not recognized by laptop

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A500 PSAR3A-0100K2, and the inbuilt webcam is not working. Every time I start the utility I receive a message that says "Web camera initialization failed. Please check your camera device and restart application or computer." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and my laptop is running off the latest version of software and has Windows 7 64 Bit as it OS. I have found that the reason for the webcam working is that my laptop does not recognize the device. I constantly have a 'Unknown Device' message popping up, and when looking at the details of this device it status is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I have also tried resetting the laptop back to 'out of the box' settings and formating the hard drive but that hasn't helped as the problem persists. Thanks for any help you can offer, 

- Tom

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite A500 - Inbuilt webcam not recognized by laptop

Satellite A500 PSAR3A-0100K2

Maybe this one, Tom?

Satellite A500/01K (PSAR3A-01K002)

I have also tried resetting the laptop back to 'out of the box' settings and formating the hard drive but that hasn't helped as the problem persists.

That tells us there's a hardware malfunction. Time for service.

Find a service center

-Jerry
english_bayonet

Re: Satellite A500 - Inbuilt webcam not recognized by laptop

Hi again, 

PSAR3A-01K002 is the right product number, I must have remembered it wrong or typed it incorrectly.

Thanks for your reply Jerry, I was hoping to not have to get my laptop serviced as I cant afford the cost right now. I guess i'll have to start saving :smileysad: