SatelliteDude

Satellite A105-S4211 XP Drivers not available in download area?

I got a nasty rootkit and wound up formatting/reinstalling XP to solve the problem. Couldn't locate the Toshiba Satellite system recovery disk so I used a generic Windows XP disk. Now I'm trying to locate all the various drivers for my Satellite A105-S4211 but the list that appears in the download area is woefully incomplete!

No 5-in-1 media card reader driver

No Intel video driver

No Intel network driver (though the Intel Wireless driver was there)

No Synaptics pointing device driver

No chipset driver

so on and so on and so on...

Where can I get the drivers I need?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Satellite A105-S4211 XP Drivers not available in download area?

[ Edited ]

Satellite A105-S4211 

Your model has part-number PSAA8U-0FJ02J. Its Toshiba site has (for some reason) only nine items after filtering for Windows XP.

The Satellite A105-S4011 has part number PSAA8U-05400J, which is in the same PSAA8U family. After filtering for Windows XP, its site (again, for some unknown reason) has 52 items.

You should find that most of the drivers and utilities will work just fine on your computer. Let us know.

-Jerry
shprot20082009

Hi! I've got Satellite A105-s4211. I reinstalled Windows, and I lost Toshiba Power Saver & Hotkey utility. I've just read, that I can get it here, but from another model (A105-s4011). I have done everything, that was said in the previous article, but it doesn't works. Moreover,  these utilities do not want to install, saying me "Toshiba Common module not found! This setup will terminate"!!!!!!!!!!

So, please, help me to manage this problem, cause I really need this utilities in my work & life. Thanx

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

"Toshiba Common module not found! This setup will terminate"

That's to be expected if you install Toshiba utilities prior to the common modules.

Toshiba ACPI Common Modules for Windows XP/2000 

Description
This software is a foundation for the other Toshiba-provided utilities and power management software, and must be installed prior to installing other Toshiba software.

IOW, the order of installation matters.

I suggest you start over. Be sure to install the chipset software followed by the display driver prior to installing other drivers.

-Jerry
ArmandoV

Hello, Ihave the same prob i already installed the Foundation but i still cant find the utilities I have a Satellite A105-S4084 thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A105-S4084 (PSAA8U-0LJ02K)

..cant find the utilities

Use the Toshiba drivers and utilities from here. The European part-number family PSAA8E is equivalent to our PSAA8U. 

The order of installation matters. Use the instructions attached (from here).

-Jerry