Egita

Reinstalled Windows 7 and Now I Can't Connect to Internet

[ Edited ]

I recently have reinstalled Windows 7 on my Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q8102x and I lost the internet drivers and now I can't use internet on that computer. I tried downloading the drivers off the toshiba support, but it seems all of them need internet to install. I don't know where else to find the drivers that would work without internet . Please Help!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Reinstalled Windows 7 and Now I Can't Connect to Internet

Qosmio X505-Q8102X

Downloads here.

Best to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. All the drivers and utilities are properly preinstalled. Windows is preactivated.

If you failed to burn recovery discs, you can obtain them from Toshiba at Get Recovery Media here.

For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery DVDs/media, which begins on p. 70 of the User's Guide.

Qosmio X500 Series User’s Guide

-Jerry
Egita

Thank you for replying. I tried downloading the drivers through the Toshiba driver and software support, but for some reason all I get is the utility used to install it that doesn't work when I transfer it to my laptop without internet. I guess I'm doing something wrong. I also did fail to burn a recovery disk and when I tried to get one it says that my PC was sold in the eligible region. Is there a part of the U.S. that isn't eligible?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

..a recovery disk and when I tried to get one it says that my PC was sold in the eligible region. Is there a part of the U.S. that isn't eligible?

Not to my knowledge. Let's ask Peter from Toshiba to help.

-Jerry
Peter

Egita, can you send me a PM with your serial number?

Click here to send me a Private Message.

- Peter
Peter

Everything looks fine so far, but I can only go so far with the order myself. Let's make sure we're doing the same thing.

Start here:

Repair & Parts Support | Toshiba

Scroll down to "Get Recovery Media."

Type your serial number in that box and click "GO."

On this new page, it'll ask you for the last four digits of your part number. Your part number is "PSK1WU-06601D," so the last four digits are "601D." Type that in the box and click "Continue."

Now it'll ask you if you want a DVD or USB stick. I'll select "SW Media - DVD-SATELLITE-L755-Windows 7 64bit Home Premium-EN" and click "Continue."

Now I'm presented with a form asking for shipping information. Did you get that far?

- Peter
Egita

Yes, I did finally get to the shipping part. I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me go through. I will order the recovery disk and hope that it will do the trick. Thanks for your help Peter and Jerry!!!

Peter

Glad to hear it! It might have just been a temporary bug.

- Peter