amiltoncontas

RESET BIOS satelite L505

[ Edited ]

i have one of then, satellite L505, and yesterday a had a surprise when i power on my laptop. Its ask me a passwd bios. I try to remove the battery of the mother board and it not work. I try to close a jump between positive and negative of the battery and it dont wort too.  How can i resolve this ????

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

Re: RESET BIOS satelite L505

Contact Toshiba, they can arrange for it to be fixed at a qualified service facility.  No one on here can help you reset it, as to often the people asking are not the rightful owners of the laptop,

It's just a basic security thing.

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
amiltoncontas

oooo come on, i don't belive in it !! I just wanna do a simple thing. There must have a solution for this. On most computers it would be very simple to solve with a simple jumper or removing the battery. 

Super Advisor
lorddethstalker

[ Edited ]

There is good reason for what I said before.

A few years ago I managed a computer repair shop and we got a service call for a laptop.  I thought it was strange that they did not want to bring it in for us to work on in the shop.  It would have been much cheaper if fixed in the shop.

The problem was a bios password that they claimed suddenly locked them out of their computer.  I knew that it was possible for that to happen, but it still seemed fishy to me.  I had a neighbor that was a local cop so before I left for the service call, I gave him a call.  He told me get a pic of the laptops serial with my cellphones camera and he would have it checked out.  Well I did that and guess what happened???  The cops raided the house 2 days later and recovered the stolen laptop plus many other items that were there that were stolen.

And that is why they won't help anyone any more directly with a bios password issue.

Call Toshiba, the cost of getting the bios reset is not that expensive...

Welcome to the Toshiba user forums.
For those of you who do not know what a user forum is, it is a community of users who volunteer time to help other users. Anyone can participate. It's 100% voluntary.
Being super active is never a requirement
Frequent Advisor
civicman4

agreed

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

This is TOSHIBA's official policy and we the users on this forum are bound to abide by it.  If a password spontaneously appeared then resetting it won't help anyway.  It's a defect in the bios and it has to be reprogrammed by Toshiba to correct it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

mday96

Why in the world would you design it so you would have to take it to a Toshiba authorizedm service center to have the password removed.. Security is one thing and stupid is another. I have been working on desktops and laptops for 12 years or more and this is DUMB.. I am certified by a number of manufactures. I I have been in the IT field for 35 years.   

Want to help me out with the service BIOS password.?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Every laptop thief in the country would love to know what that secret is! You, of all people, should understand what password protection is for.  If it is easily overcome, then it is no good at all.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit