JeffreyP
Accepted Solution

Problems with Fn key (F6-F7; Brightness) Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5200

[ Edited ]

Hello guys.

So begins my problem: A few months ago my computer had a problem with the hard drive, i had a new hard drive(original from Toshiba). The warranty covered it. Now its fixed, but my problem is the Fn function F6-F7, that works with the brightness, they aren't working, just the flash cards shows up,but without funcion, they are like a picture, i tried out all those Value Added Package (they're 3, on Toshiba page for my model), but none on those package work on those two keys, all others keys are working, i need help on this because my screen is very bright, and that affects my eyes. I really need help on this.

-Model info:

Saellite C655D

Windows 7 (64bits)

Regards.

Jeffrey.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Problems with Fn key (F6-F7; Brightness) Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5200

Personally, I don't use F6/F7 to adjust Screen Brightness. Other ways are:

1.  Click on the battery icon in the system tray and click on Adjust Screen Brightness and adjust slider at the bottom of the page.

2.  Type Mobility in the Start/Search box and click on Windows Mobility Center and adjust the  screen brightness slider there.

3.  If you want to try something else to make F6/F7 work, do a System Reset. Turn off computer. Remove all attachments and battery. Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds.  Attach Power and insert battery.  Start computer and tap F2 at the Toshiba splash screen to get in BIOS.  Press F9 to setup system defaults. Answer Yes. Press F10 to Save Configuration Changes and Exit.  Answer Yes to complete the process.  The computer will restart.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
JeffreyP

Well, thanks for your help, but there's no Adjust Screen brightness on my Windows Movility Center, maybe some driver missing, Here is a picture, take a look. (Sorry, for Spanish, my apologies) but if you realize there is nothing related with brightness. 

Jeffrey.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Did you try my #1 solution?

In any event, reinstalling the Display driver may fix both.  Your AMD Display driver is found HERE. Verify in Device Manager, Display Adapters that you do have AMD.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
JeffreyP

Yeah.

Thanks cbwilsha, That AMD Display Driver was the problem :smileyhappy:, Thanks alot, the brightness control works now, and the Fn f6-f7 works to. Sincerely thanks.

Regards.

Jeffrey