shumake
Accepted Solution

Plug in Problem

I have a pop up window that comes up that says; The Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC is not supported by Toshiba Media Controller Plug-in. Plug-in failed to start.

I am running Windows 7 and IE9.

Name:                   TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in
Publisher:              TOSHIBA CORPORATION
Type:                   Browser Helper Object
Version:                1.0.7.5
File date:             
Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎November ‎26, ‎2011, ‏‎17 minutes ago
Class ID:               {F3C88694-EFFA-4D78-B409-54B7B2535B14}
Use count:              239
Block count:            5
File:                   TOSHIBAMediaControllerIE.dll
Folder:                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Peter

Re: Plug in Problem

I'm not familiar with that error, but you could try reinstalling Adobe Flash Player.

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

- Peter
shumake

[ Edited ]

Peter,

I tried your suggestion but it was not effective. I also tried to update my Media Controller plugin but the one I could download was an older version than the one that came installed on my laptop?

Peter

What's the full model number of your notebook? It should be on a sticker at the bottom.

Do you have a link to the Media Controller plugin you were trying to download?

- Peter
shumake

It is a satellite L775-S7352. Dont know what the link was....

Peter

Okay, when do you see this error message? Have you tried any other web browsers? You might want to try Firefox or Chrome to see if they have the issue as well.

- Peter
shumake

Peter,

I get the little icon pop up when I mouse over a flash movie that is running. It first says; Open Target Device Panel then if I dont click on it it opens a second message that says; "by clicking on this button its possible to forward the movie playback to a digital media rendering device connected to your network (e.g. a Toshiba TV) If I do click it that is when I get the message saying is is not compatable and it failed to start.

Interestingly enough neither Firefox nor Chrome brings any icon up when I mouse over the movie.

sire_gorian

Hey Guys, I'm glad I came across this post. I am having the same issues and getting the same error message.

When I first noticed it, I was using youtube. While a video was playing, I mouse overed the top right hand corner,

an icon of a mini laptop appears it says "open target device". When I click on it I get the same TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in error message which reads " The Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC is not supported by TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in. TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in failed to start." ( I attached a screen shot of message) 

I am also running Windows 7, IE 9. on a Toshiba Satellite C655 . I have followed your above suggestions but they didn't work. I also have Chrome, and tried the same scenario as above using youtube, but the mini laptop icon &  open target device option was not available. I am assuming Toshiba media controller isn't installed as an add on in Chrome.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciatted.

Thanks

Peter

Are either of you trying to stream media from your computer to a DLNA-compatible TV?

You could try reinstalling the application.

Toshiba Media Controller(v1.0.87.4; 07-12-2011; 13.74M)

However, if you're not trying to do that with the videos on the web and just want the message to stop, we can do that. Within IE, go to "Tools" and select "Manage Add-ons." Select "TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in," and click "Disable." Close the window, and restart IE.

- Peter
sire_gorian

Peter, Thanks for your help. As a matter of fact, Yes I am trying to stream. I was able to without any problems prior to Adobe Flash updating itself. Didn't use it for awhile, then when I tried, well we all know the rest....

Thanks for the Link. Is that the newest version of Media Controller?

Oh, one last thing... I did notice that when I first start IE, it's alot slower and I get a pop up window asking me to disable add -ons. When I open the window, it shows Toshiba Media Controller taking over 30 seconds to load. 

Not sure if I want to disable it right now,it's  a handy feature, when it works. Perhaps the updated driver will correct all of this. 

Best Regards,

Sire Gorian

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

"The Adobe Flash Player installed on your PC is not supported by TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in. TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in failed to start."

Try disabling the add-on. In Internet Explorer, click Manage Add-ons on the Tools menu. Select TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in and click the Disable button.

How to manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 9

-Jerry
sire_gorian

Thanks Jerry,

I understand all that, but I'm not trying to disable a program that I use.

I am trying to get it to work again

Peter

When was the Adobe update? Maybe you should try to download an older version if one's available or contact Adobe support. It could be an issue with the latest version of the plugin.

- Peter
rnole

I am having the same issue as being discussed in this post. It is frustrating as I do a lot of video conferencing and keep getting the same message the the Media Controller is not compatible with Adobe Flash Player.  Is there an updated driver or something I can download.  If not I may have to switch to a HP as I use this for business and don't have time to mess with this.  I have tried working with the Add Ons, searched for new drivers.

Rhonda

olivier

Hi,

Exactly got the same problem : there is black icon on top right and when you click on it you got the message.

Anyone has a solution for that?

kind regards

Olivier

shumake

Peter,

Why dont you have someone at Toshiba find out what it will take for the plugin to support the new flash player?

Peter

It sounds like it was the Adobe update that broke this feature. I'd try to install an older version or contact Adobe support.

- Peter
Segin

Its to early for me to say for sure, as I've only been experimenting since the fix for about an hour, but so far my "youtube/slow IE page" problem looks to be better. So far. So I may be jumping the gun on sharing this.

I think the Media Controller Plug-in isn't the complete issue. The Media Controller update is different from the Plug-in update. I have a Media Controller Plug-in ver 1.05.13 and its up to date. But the Media Controller was at something like 1.00.0835 or something. My problem was when I saw the Plug-in up to date, I thought all Media Controller software was up to date. no no no!!!

Go to the Toshiba website and download Media Controller update to 1.0.87.4.

Now I have this: Plug in ---1.05.13 and Controller --- 1.0.87.4 and so far so good. Let me know if this helps anyone else. Like I said, I may be jumping the gun. If I run into issues later, I will post that I was full of it.

Segin

Nope, didn't fix the problem. Seems better, but still issues. oh well.

Segin

Re: Plug in Problems

I had uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash two seperate times. Each time it said it had installed successfully. However, I noticed that the webpage never showed the version, just had a square area with an X in the upper left. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ I've since took deliberate care during the uninstall/reinstall and last time the above webpage showed the version of the software. Once again, maybe I've fixed the issue. Time will tell. So far, so good.