wraith

PC Health Monitor

Toshiba recently sent an eMail describing how to uninstall their PC Health Monitor. Does this mean there are problems with this software?

While I have found a page that describes the PC Health Monitor, I have been unable to

find a link for downloading it. Is it meant to be generally available? Where can one get it?

Occasional Advisor
Techman

Re: PC Health Monitor

[ Edited ]

The email is telling you how to uninstall it I presume because it is not intuitive.  If there was a problem, the email would have said.  So, this is just for people that want to uninstall it but had problems uninstalling it.

The program comes on newer units.  You didn't say what model you have but did you check the downloads link at the top of this page?

This signature left intentionally blank.
bbcollins

I have P505-S8980 and had this PC Health Monitor. It keeps disappearing. I did a restore and it was back. Now I looked for it and it was gone. Still shows un der control panel programs and features. Can anyone help?

A10User

wraith, I would like to see that email - or at least the instructions they provided. 

I am needing to uninstall the Toshiba PC Health Monitor that came with Windows Vista so that I can do the upgrade to Windows 7.  When I uninstall the PC Health Monitor it appears to uninstall, but it must leave some residual files or registry keys in place because the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant still thinks that the software is present, and it won't proceed.

So, could I ask that you post the instructions for uninstalling PC Health Monitor here?

Thanks in advance,

Walt5

wraith

Walt,

Here's the relevant link from the support email:

How to uninstall the Toshiba PC Health Monitor

(http://kbo.toshiba.com/?soid=2364559)

Good luck,

wraith

Occasional Contributor
fishinopa

I un-installed my PC Health Monitor after being told to do so. My program stopped working and was trying to get it fixed. Now that i un-installed the program, where can I get this program to install it back on my computer. Thank you inadvace for your help. I hope I'm asking this question correctly on this post. I do not want to do something wrong.

A10User

wraith,

Thanks for your reply.  I performed that uninstall of the Toshiba Health monitor, but the Toshiba Upgrade Assistant for Windows 7 still thinks that the Health Monitor is installed.  I spoke with a Toshiba support person who believes that their unstaller appears to leave some files or registry settings still on the machine. 

The rosolution (for anyone else stuck on this issue), was to reinstall the Toshiba PC Health Monitor (from the Toshiba "Applications and Drivers" recovery CD) and then use a third party uninstaller (www.revouninstaller.com) to remove all remnants of the program.  This third party uninstaller invokes Toshiba's own uninstaller program but is also scans the registry both before and after Toshiba's uninstaller runs so that it can then suggest additional files and registry settings to remove.

That worked, and I was able to move forward with the upgrade to Windows 7.  The Upgrade Assistant installs a newer version of the Health Monitor after Windows 7 is successfully installed.

Thanks again for your help.

A10User

fishinopa,

Your Toshiba probably came with a program to create some 'recovery disks'.  Check in "Start / Programs / Toshiba / Recovery / Recovery Disk Creator".  (You should run this tool, in any case, as a safeguard to help recover your system in case of a failure.)  But, one of the recovery disks that this tool builds is the "Applications and Drivers" disk.  That will contain a folder with the installer for the PC Health Monitor.

Hope this helps.

TomCat39

The Toshiba Health Monitor for Windows 7 conflicts with some software. i.e. Sauerbraten (Justice release) and the May 2010 version of the Toshiba Health Monitor conflict and cause random (no event logged) reboots.

Some people may wish to uninstall the monitor so that they can use other software. So for it does not appear to affect system safety like cooling or HDD vibration. And it frees up some memory and resources.

So far I don't see a real need for the monitor but will keep my eyes open for such a need.