ogoldman

Re: Nvidia driver has stopped working and have recovered 197.16.Need solution!

Dear All,

I download a new driver for the Nvidia but still have the same problem.

The solution that I got from Toshiba was "format your hard drive and restore the soft".

No comments.....

Regards,

Oreste

Occasional Contributor
condi

[ Edited ]

Ok I fixed that problem myself yesterday so what it means is since yesterday drivers didnt crash

Here gonna be link to the installation files i've installed I cant find the url from which i downloaded it yesterday but i found it streight from Nvidia site

Windows xp 32x http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.0/windows/197.44_notebook_winxp_international.exe

Windows xp 64x http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.0/windows/197.44_notebook_winxp_64bit_international.ex...

Windows Vista and Win7 32x http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.0/windows/197.44_notebook_win7_winvista_32bit_internat...

Windows Vista and Win7 64x http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.0/windows/197.44_notebook_win7_winvista_64bit_internat...

IF YOU ARE RUNNING WIN7 64X and drivers from above url didnt fix the problem i will add soon url to the ones that fixed it with my 330m so it should fix your one! GOOD LUCK :smileywink:

Finally here is link to the ones that i've installed no virus its totally clear (win7 64x version) http://rapidshare.com/files/396608252/197.44_win7x64.rar.html

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

hi guys! there is a new nvidia driver on toshiba and so far my laptop does not freeze and do the display driver problem anymore, i think its the 188.something. so i suggest you try it out. and btw before installing the new driver clean you're registry first as suggested by one of the posters here! goodluck!

Occasional Contributor
marceloaziz

Hi, I am having the same issue.

I've tried three different nvidia driver version, and all had the same problem.

To reproduce the problem, I do a simple test. Re-run the Windows Index, than the problem happens.

Sometimes, the driver can be recovered, and the system still works. But, eventually 90% of times I get BSOD or lockup with no blue screen.

I also changed some parameters, like disable PhysX, but getting the same problem.

I installed a windows gadget the show the GPU temp, and it is not high.It is about 40oC(celsius).

I tried another test, disabling antivirus, disconecting ethernet, etc. Same problem.

I tried installing a fresh Windows 7 32-bit on second HD. After Window 7 installation, I just installed the nvidia driver, and test it. Got the same problem.

Well, I am just waiting for Toshiba.

Marcelo Aziz

Marcelo Aziz
Qosmio X505-880
Occasional Contributor
condi

[ Edited ]

If you got win 7 64x try this and let me know does it work and any issue feel free to ask me by yahoo IM just add gmcorkalomgm to your contacts http://rapidshare.com/files/396608252/197.44_win7x64.rar.html this one fixed the issue with my A500 - 1GL with geforce 330m gt. Using my rapidshare account i can see that like 20 people downloaded that driver already and they didnt post that they are getting this error so I m hopeful that it helped them as well and that it works for all the new graphic cards under windows 7

Occasional Contributor
marceloaziz

Hi,

Thank you.

I've downloaded and installed.

To do the test, I just -re-run de Windows Experience Index.

Well, I did it and got the same problem. BSOD, with nvlddmkm.sys

My laptop uses GTS360M, so that could be the difference.

I wish to thank you again.

Marcelo Aziz

Marcelo Aziz
Qosmio X505-880
omaa_kaan

Hello

Could someone confirm 197.44 drivers from condi or 188.75 (new Toshiba update) to work with gf 310m on Win 7 64bit?

I've got 188.29 drvr pre-installed and relatively rare BSODs (after a month of using: 2 BSODs and 3 times drivers recoverd) and I don't want to change it into 197.44 or 188.75 with often BSODs :smileywink:

I'll be thankful for any info.

omaa kaan

Satelitte A505-S6033

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

hi yeah my video card is nvidia 310m and seems to be running fine without the problem, i hope it works for you too

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

The toshiba update has failed me and now i get the error again after using it for some time, nothing serious, just that once maybe every week it happens but not as serious as the old driver which needs me to really force the computer to shutdown or the screen will freeze. will try the other driver pposted by one of the members here and give a feedback

Occasional Contributor
marceloaziz

Dennis,

Which version are you right now ?

I am 257.21, and getting my system freeze once a day.

As I just use in my home, after come home from my work, I se it 4 hours a day.

That is making me crazy.

But, right now it is impossible to say where is the problem. There is a lot of windows updates, other drivers updates, and many software installed.

It is also impossible to say if the problem is on my hardware for exemple, instead a model problem.

I am waiting new driver version.

Best regards,

Aziz

Marcelo Aziz
Qosmio X505-880
Yemen

Hi all

I was about to buy Satellite A505-S6020 ..but it seems the product have a problem with Nvidia Crad

may anyone tell me a model have same options of Satellite A505-S6020 but with diffrent video card? .

Thanks All

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

hi    marceloaziz

i'm currently using 197.44 and it doesn't do the error as often as the original one that came with my laptop or the one toshiba has recently posted. i get it at around once every few days. and it really is bad, makes me really regret buying a toshiba laptop and considering on getting a different brand of laptop.

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

Hi yemen, not to bash toshiba or anything but their aftersales service really sucks! i brought my laptop to their customer service center, and i asked them to check whether my video card is failing or not, then i left the laptop for a week, after that they called me to say that everything was ok and they even said that they did not experience the crash i was saying. but after i got my unit back home, i checked the windows eventlog, and voila! they got not only 1 crash from the display driver, but 3 times over the dates that my laptop was with them! so in short toshiba has poor customer support and that they do not address this issue regarding their laptop. i am really disappointed with this A505-S6025, and as for a different video card, you can get one with a 330m video card but as i've seen, some members here also have the same problems with that and 360m.

Occasional Contributor
marceloaziz

Re: Nvidia driver has stopped working and have recovered 187.98..Need solution!

Our colleague has a solution by Toshiba

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/t5/Qosmio-Laptops/Another-overheating-Qosmio-X505-880-problem-need-h...

Regards

Aziz

Marcelo Aziz
Qosmio X505-880
julianmag

Hi,

I have serious problems with A505-6020 since earier this year (January) when I bought it.

From the beginning, I start experimenting issues with Win 7 64. That's the OS that came out of the box.

I tried to update drivers from NVidia without any success. The NVIDIA stopped working message still appearing and my computer freezes periodically and I need to restart it loosing of course everything that is open when that happens: Mozilla Firefox, Photoshop, phpDesigner, etc.

258.96_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql

195.62_Win7x64

197.16_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql

driver_display_nvidia_TC50052300H

These are just a few examples of drivers that I tried to install to see if this problem is solved, but no, the problem still there.

I noticed this happens usually when I resume the computer from a previous stand by, or when I leave it opened for a moment... but that behavior is not constantly.

I looked forward Toshiba or NVidia provide a solution to this. I waited from January, but this still happening. So , I'd appreciate if someone can help me this time to figure if there is any working solution or if I'd need to take this computer to the guarranty (1 year guarranty) before it expires. (I know if I do that, I won't have the computer to work for the time it remains in the support... :smileysad: that's the main reason I'd like to fix this without leaving it to the guarranty )

Thanks.

Lithiumi

I downloaded and installed the graphics driver (188.75) from the Toshiba website, and its been working fine for almost a month now. :smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
Dennis807

hi, yeah i['m using the 188.75 from toshiba and seem to me that it is working fine for now, its been about 3-4 months since i last had that problem, hope it doesn't come back. try using that.

BURAK1977

hi everyone.

I have A505-6035 with win 7 64 bit. I have getting problems about display card for 4-5 times in a month. I am using 3d programmes in my computer, is it a problem for display card.

The message is "nvidia opengl driver encountered an unrecoverable error and must close tis application error 13", "nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 188.75".

How can I fix this problem. I couldn't reach toshiba support. How can I communicate a person who works for technical problems.

Please somebody could help me? I am tired from this problem.

Best regards.

Burak GURISIK

Occasional Contributor
zeno2

[ Edited ]

BURAK1977 wrote:

hi everyone.

I have A505-6035 with win 7 64 bit. I have getting problems about display card for 4-5 times in a month. I am using 3d programmes in my computer, is it a problem for display card.

The message is "nvidia opengl driver encountered an unrecoverable error and must close tis application error 13", "nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 188.75".

How can I fix this problem. I couldn't reach toshiba support. How can I communicate a person who works for technical problems.

Please somebody could help me? I am tired from this problem.

Best regards.

Burak GURISIK

hi there mine is a win7 64 bit toshiba qosmio x500-s1801 using the v188.29 nvidia driver and this driver does the same thing too.  according to nvidia i should be using nvidia version 270.61 which is the latest driver as of 4-18-2011 but i read somewhere that it should not be used if we have intel i7 core processors but all these toshibas have intel core processors in them so that is really confusing me.  am i reading something wrong do you know or does anyone else know?  if not then what processors are being used in other toshiba qosmios because i thought all of them had intel cores in them?  i actually am afraid to update this driver even if it is the correct one because my laptop is so intermittent that i only get the driver message about maybe once a month and i use the laptop a lot i mean i use it almost all day every day 7 days a week at least 12 hours a day.  someone please tell me what they mean about laptops with intel core processors not being compatible using this driver update fix please.  thanks. 

Occasional Contributor
zeno2

[ Edited ]

dRaKoZ wrote:

Doesn't matter which mode you're using it will only result the same error. I have been using eco mode , balance mode and others but it doesn't solve anything at all. Its the Nvidia Geforce 300 series chipset that is not compatible with either Win7 or the processor.

do you know this for sure?  if we upgrade this nvidia chipset will this problem dissappear or are you just guessing?  i want this laptop fixed!