CHS
CHS
Accepted Solution

No drivers for C655D-S5126!

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite at BestBuy over the weekend and wiped and repartitioned the hard drive to suite my needs only to find out that Toshiba has no drivers listed for this laptop!

This is ridiculous its a brand new computer purchased at a major retailer in the US and yet I can't get the proper drivers for it. I called support and they told me to grab drivers for the C655D-S5143 which works somewhat ok but the video is glitchy. I am very disappointed with toshiba, its the first time I buy a toshiba laptop and it will probably be the last after this.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Re: No drivers for C655D-S5126!

CHS,

This model has been added to support.toshiba.com and downloads are now available.  Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for letting us know about the problem.

Jim

fedezarazaga

Jim, i have the same problem with my new Toshiba Satellite C655D-SP4132L. I installed Windows 7 32 bits and the operating system have problems with the ethernet driver. Could you please add this model to support.toshiba.com and let me know? Thanks!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655D-SP4132L.

Are you sure it's C655D?

Satellite C655-SP4132L <- at toshibalatino.com

Satellite C655-SP4132L (PSC14U-01700U)

In any case, this one has the same problem.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Hello CHS.

Please do not blame Toshiba fully for your quandry. Lots of new users are in a hurry to get their new Toshiba as they think it ought to be. A very small amount of RTFM would have solved it all. I am not criticizing you in the least, you are one of the too quick new users ;-)

When you flushed your HD, you also flushed a folder called TOSAPINS, it has all the drivers required for you to enjoy this nice machine. Also, the user manual is on the HD and doing a little RTFM would have pointed you to this fact.

I am not really writing this for you, too late, but for the new users should they read this forum. I did the flush job on mine too but AFTER saving the TOSIPNS folder and all its goodies. No problem here now after the install to suit my way. I really hope that you do not take a slant on this, it happens to the best of us, chomping at the bit.   JP.

CSL
CSL

Similar Problem with my new C600-C12N Re: No drivers for C655D-S5126!

Does this advice cover and apply to the Satellite C600-C12N?

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate to replace the Chinese Windows 7 Home version and also MS Office 2010 Pro.

Now I have no drivers too!

If I can get the driver downloads could someone please tell the the link, please?

Thanks

Occasional Advisor
Daopa

Re: Similar Problem with my new C600-C12N Re: No drivers for C655D-S5126!

Hello.

Does this advice cover and apply to the Satellite C600-C12N?

If I can get the driver downloads could someone please tell the the link, please?

Yes. In my case, Canada, I went to the Toshiba site:  www.toshiba.ca and clicked on Support, then Drivers. It will ask you to select your model and numbers, you will then get a choice of Downloads to do, one has all the drivers and a few others are nice to get like the TVAP ( Toshiba Value Added Package ).

You might have to go to you country of manufacture to get the proper data, looks like you got it in China ???

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

CSL wrote:..

Do the specs at this page (scroll down to the bottom) fit your laptop? It has, for instance, an Intel i3-2310M processor and nVidia GeForce 315M graphics.

If so, the Toshiba downloads at this European site (Short Model No. PSC1QE) may match.

If not, give us some specs to work with.

-Jerry
CSL
CSL

Jerry

So sorry about this late reply to your gratefully appreciated help.

I haven't been able to access the internet for a few weeks due to work in strange and wonderful places!

I tried the links you suggested but the downloads are not suitable for my C600-C12N.

As you requested here are the specs for my specific laptop:

Product:                    Satellite C600  (C600-C12N)

PIN:                          PSC2WQ-00F001

Chinese characters:   RTL8188CE  or   PTL8188CE   (slightly worn/erased code on the 'R' or 'P' letter)

CMIIT ID:                  2010DJ1258    i32310M   14HDLD   2048M    500 bgn    N12  1Yr    

Some more Chinese characters followed by:    5B079058Q  

I hope this helps?  Thank you very much for your help so far, I truly appreciate it.

Sincerely

The IT Neanderthal

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satelite C600-C12N (PSC2WQ-00F001)

The Chinese download site is here, but I don't see your model there.

Compare your specs with this one.

Satellite-C645-SP4136L (PSC2WU-00YLM1E)

Since they are in the same part-number family (PSC2Wx), I expect the downloads here will work just fine.

Looks like most of the drivers are for 64-bit Windows.

-Jerry
CSL
CSL

Thank you Jerry, I appreciate it.  I'll try that.

Caspian

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Good luck, Caspian!

-Jerry
boggy

[ Edited ]

There are no (new, updated) drivers for C655D-S5126, again...

davis76

So with the C655D- S5126 i cant find a ethernet controller download? Mylaptop will not find it
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

So with the C655D- S5126 i cant find a ethernet controller download?

See my reply.

-Jerry
davis76

I was asking how can i download a ethernet controller without being able to access the internet? I cant even locate the drive for my toshiba satellite C655D- S5126. Can someone help me to figure out how i can apply this needed drive
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I was asking how can i download a ethernet controller without being able to access the internet?

Use the computer you're using now to download and then transfer the file using a USB-connected device.

That's also what I told you here

-Jerry