Occasional Contributor
Bungie11

New Satellite, Now Which Software is Safe to Remove?

I have just purchased a new Satellite A505-A6005 and its been a long time since I had a laptop. Id like to know which proprietary software is safe to remove. Bloatware Ive removed already: Nortons and Sonic Update.

Below is a list of programs that start up on boot, most being Toshiba proprietary software. Which, if any, are recommended for removal and wont affect anything negatively? 

Thank you

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: New Satellite, Now Which Software is Safe to Remove?

it is never suggested to remove anything that has the manufactures name in the file name. some of them dont do much of anything but still have there part in making your computer run smooth.

hope that helps

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Occasional Contributor
Bungie11

Youre probably right, but I have always been of the belief that OEM computers are filled with bloat ware. BEsides the Best Buy garbage software and Nortons, nothing else stands out, except there seems to be a lot of Toshiba stuff running. Besides the essential ones to keep the computer running, im sure there may be some that are just not needed at all. I guess I was just curious as to which ones if any.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

You'll NEVER notice the difference in performance by wasting a lot of time trying to remove any of the Toshiba stuff with the exception of Service Station which is essentially useless and rarely works like it's supposed to.  I prefer my laptop to operate at top efficiency, be stable, and provide full functionality.  With that in mind I don't waste my time trying to remove the very things that provide that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.