sportsautograph

Network Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues

Hi,

I just got a Toshiba L355-s7905 labtop.  When I tried to start the computer Windows would not open.  So, I installed a copy of Windows Vista Business.  The computer started up without a problem. 

However, when I tried to connect to the internet I received the following message:

"The network adapter Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS 6.0 is experiencing driver or hardware related issues"

So I went to the following website on another computer and downloaded the drivers for computer.  I then burned them onto a cd and installed them on the Toshiba.  When I click on internet explorer an error page comes up.  When I click on diagnosis connection problem I still get the same message above.  Any ideas?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55644-1&lc=en&cc=us&os=2093...

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Network Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues

Satellite L355-S7905

I'm afraid you'll have a hard time trying to make Vista Business work properly on that computer. The Toshiba software is geared to Vista Home Basic.

I just got a Toshiba L355-s7905 labtop.  When I tried to start the computer Windows would not open. 

If the computer really is brand new, you should return it for one that works.

Failing that, I would restore the hard drive to its original state.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I installed Windows Vista Basic back onto the computer.  It seems to be working now. 

I'm guessing that the computer does not have a internal wireless card?  ...  Am I correct in this assumption?

Satellite L355-S7905

If you click on the link above, you'll see that the computer does have an internal wireless card (Atheros).

PS I don't do private messages. Let's keep everything here.

-Jerry
sportsautograph

Jerry,

I hate to be ignorant but here is what happened.  It would not connect to the internet using wireless until after I installed a CNET Wireless-G USB CWD-854. 

I don't want to resell this computer if there is something damaged or not working on the computer. 

Why would it not connect if all the drivers were installed on the computer without using the Wireless-G USB? 

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Why would it not connect...?

Hard to tell from way over here. Maybe this helps.

Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks

-Jerry
sportsautograph

However, when I tried to connect to the internet I received the following message:

"The network adapter Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS 6.0 is experiencing driver or hardware related issues"

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Something fishy about that. The specs say there is an Atheros card in that machine.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters. What do you see there?

-Jerry