singer4rlife

My TOSHIBA laptop keeps freezing!!

Hello!

I have a Satellite A205-S4587 since 2007 and currently I'm having some issues with. My laptop keeps freezing up since last week, when I turned it on a message pops up saying something about a new update for the computer from windows microsoft but everytime I try to install it new window pops up saying this:

Found New Hardware-Unknown Device

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

"Microsoft ISATAP Adapter"

A device attached to the system is not functioning

If you know the manufacturer of your device , you can visit  its website and check the support section for driver software

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: My TOSHIBA laptop keeps freezing!!

Satellite A205-S4587 

Please open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and tell us what anomalies you find.

Check especially under Network adapters.

-Jerry
singer4rlife

Hello Jerry,

I opened the device manager and looked under network adapters and this is what I found this

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr294/princesazul19/devicemanager.jpg

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Right-click each of those devices with the yellow mark and click Uninstall. Then reboot and take a look.

-Jerry
singer4rlife

ok so I unistalled all those devices that you said, which ended the pop up message that kept showing up everytime I turned my computer on however, my laptop keeps freezing up! not as much as before but it keeps doing it.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What does "freezing up" mean? A few seconds when nothing happens and then returns to normal?

-Jerry
singer4rlife

[ Edited ]

No, when it freezes it stays like that, to make it work again I have to force a shut down and restart again.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Note the computer-clock time of a freeze.

Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc), expand Windows Logs, and inspect the Application and System logs for the corresponding event (at that exact time).

Don't try to copy anything from there. Double-click the event and then click the Copy button. That will put the details on your clipboard.

Paste it without editing into your reply - except we want only what's above the line Event Xml:.

-Jerry
singer4rlife

[ Edited ]

I looked under the Application Logs and at the exact time the laptop got frozen, doesnt show up,however it shows the time after it got frozen. For example, at one point the laptop froze at exactly 10:36pm so when I went to look for exactly that time in the log you can only see 10:37:48pm and up or below the time which came to be 10:25:06 pm.

In the Sytem logs this message came up: " Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view.Verify that Event log Service is running.The data is invalid (13)

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc), expand Windows Logs, and inspect the Application and System logs for the corresponding event (at that exact time).

Don't try to copy anything from there. Double-click the event and then click the Copy button. That will put the details on your clipboard.

Paste it without editing into your reply - except we want only what's above the line Event Xml:.

-Jerry
jenalias

Hi Jerry,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 as well and it recently began doing the same thing - freezing up completely where I have to force shut down the computer and reboot.  When my laptop first began doing this I thought it was just the keyboard and mouse "freezing", but then I eventually noticed the actual laptop is completely unresponsive (it just stops running but the monitor is still on).  So in my research I came across this string of posts and I have to be honest with you, I'm following what singer4rlife was saying, but I'm not quite sure what you are requesting from singer4rlife.  He/she specifically told you the moment the computer freezes up, nothing is captured in the event log (the Application or the System log).  I looked at my logs and discovered the same thing.  So what exactly are we to "cut & paste" when there is nothing to cut & paste?

Thanks.

AngryCustomer

I just got my Satellite c655-s5212 in august! IT WON"T STOP FREEZING after i boot it in normal mode. 

jennym

My Satellite Pro started doing this a couple of hours ago. Anyone have a solution yet? And why did no one from Toshiba answer the last two people that entered comments? This is a pretty big issue as it happens out of the blue and doesn't give you the chance to save your work.

ferze5

[ Edited ]

"AngryCustomer", "jennym"

If your laptop freezes on statup and won't enter Windows desktop...you could try an older date from System Restore - System Restore can also be done with the Startup Repair if there are Restore Points available. Your Toshiba disks allow a Startup Repair. Just put in the DVD and then set Boot Options to the DVD as you start or set the BIOS/CMOS to use the DVD as 1st boot device. (Usually F12 for boot device options and F2 for Settings (BIOS/CMOS) for Toshiba.) See how to Do a System Restore from this article: (i.e. Windows Vista) http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html  or this article tells you how to access the System Recovery Options http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/326b756b-1601-435e-99d0-1585439470351033.mspx 

If your laptop already stats up and it keeps freezing now and then, see here http://www.toshibalaptopfreezes.com/ for the solution.

Hope these can help you both, best regards! 

gr8filded

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite A665 approx 1 year ago. From day 1 it was freezing up every time I would try to watch a video or play a game. I sent it into Toshiba within a couple of months and they sent it back saying they replaced the video card and reinstalled Windows and the problem was resolved. Within 5 minutes of starting my computer it froze again. I sent it back after that semester of school was over (because I needed it) and they replaced the hard drive and sent me the old hard drive for recovery. It froze again within 10 minutes of starting up my computer the first time. I have done system restores, factory resets, drive defrags, system cleanups, deleted any programs not necessary for running, don't have music saved on my computer at all, don't use it for streaming, and it STILL freezes all the time! Completely freezes up, I have to force restart it each time and I'm getting sick of it!!! Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem, I thought I just bought a lemon, but looking around online I'm seeing THOUSANDS of people with this same problem!! This could be a major issue for Toshiba!

jaguar6cy

My c655-s5082 has started freezing also.  It happens randomly when viewing video files. A loud buzz comes from the computer when this occurs. Hard shut down is the only fix. Any ideas?

Maryam_Elsokary

My toshiba started doing same thing a month ago.  Any Ideas on how to fix this problem?  It is a real pain in the butt to have to keep doing hard restart.

MartOh

Dudes, i've found it accidentally, the problem comes from the GADGETS and probbably some programs. I've removed all the gadgets from my desktop and it stopped freezing. Im with toshiba sattelite with i5 processor. :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I've removed all the gadgets from my desktop and it stopped freezing.

Microsoft has been warning about them for other reasons.

Vulnerabilities in Gadgets could allow remote code execution

-Jerry
mabetha

I recently bought Toshiba Tecra core i5 3320 laptop. But it keeps freezing everytime when it is on. I cannot even play a video. I tried to format the local disk i have installed windows on and installed win 7 32 bit. But it still keeps on freezing. Iam really desperate for help. help please!