Occasional Contributor
linda43

My Satellite A215-S4757 freezing up & running very slow

I went to the Microsoft forums and searched through their help forums to see if I could get help with this problem. This is one of the recommendations I read: 'Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Vista Drivers for it > Download/install them.'  Can someone point me in the right direction please? If anyone has any other recommendations to improve the performance of my system please share? I do clear my cookies and temporary files regularly and defrag weekly.

I'm running Vista 32 on a Satellite A215-S4757. I don't know what other information may be needed to help but I will be happy to supply whatever is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: My Satellite A215-S4757 freezing up & running very slow

Satellite A215-S4757 

Tell us much more, Linda.

What do you mean by "slow"? Are you talking about booting Windows? Or downloading internet files? Or loading programs? Or what?

What are you doing when the system freezes? Can you make it happen on demand so that we can experiment?

Do you have the recovery discs that came with your computer?

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
linda43

It's when I'm on the internet. It takes forever for pages to load, I can't play simple games like Bejeweled Blitz on Face Book and it takes forever to try to use the site TVguide.

I do have the disc that came with my computer. If I'm using the computer but not on the internet there's no problem.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Maybe this helps, Linda.

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

Which browser do you use? If Internet Explorer, which version?

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
linda43

Internet Explorer 7. I aded the reference page to 'my favorites' so I can read it later this evening.