khairulaiman

Missing ethernet controller driver for satellite A105

Hello..i realy need help regarding the ethernet controller driver for for satellite A105..ive formatted my notebook recently and managed to find all the drivers except the ethernet controller and failed to connect to wireless network available in the area..ive downloaded and installed numerous drivers but failed to find the soulutions..Any help is appreciated..thanx in advance..pliz help

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Missing ethernet controller driver for satellite A105

Which Satellite A105? Which Windows?

You're looking for both the Ethernet and the wireless driver?

ive formatted my notebook recently

Exactly what do you mean by that?

-Jerry
khairulaiman

thx for replying..i just formatted my notebook(reinstall the window) recently..im using toshiba satellite A105 S2236 version PSAAKU-009006 with windows xp professional..Im little bit confused with both ethernet and wireless driver..On the devise menager,it stated that im using Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast ethernet NIC.the problem is regarding the yellow question mark besides my ethernet controller..Ive been downloading and installing alot of drivers but it doesnt seems to be working.pliz do help..i cant access the wireless without this driver

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A105-S2236

i just formatted my notebook(reinstall the window) recently.

I'm still not sure what you've done.

Did you install a retail version of Windows (Vista Home Basice 32-bit)?

Or did you restore the hard disk's contents to its original state using Toshiba recovery media?

In the latter case, all of the drivers should be already installed.

i cant access the wireless..

So it's the wireless that does not work. Your Ethernet (i.e., cable) adapter is Realtek. The wireless is Atheros. Try this driver.

Atheros Mini PCI/PCIe Wireless Lan (802.11 a/b/g, b/g) Driver for Windows Vista 

-Jerry
michael61982

Re: Missing Ethernet controller driver for satellite AWAY

He is asking for help to find the Ethernet and WI-FI drivers for windows XP pro, not vista. He is having the same problem I am with my A105-s4074. I reinstalled my os (XP-pro) and can't find drivers for the mass storage or Ethernet controller. Also having a problem with the WI-FI where it will show that a network is in range and strong but when I try to connect to it it will tell me that it is no longer in range. This is a problem with the drivers, I know this because it is a clean install and other laptops I own work on the same network. If anyone has a suggestion for me and the original poster of this question it would be greatly appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Missing Ethernet controller driver for satellite AWAY

[ Edited ]

Satellite A105-S4074 (PSAA8U-0LH02K)

He is asking for help to find the Ethernet and WI-FI drivers for windows XP pro, not vista.

You're right, Michael! I misread that message and missed the XP part. I don't know where XP drivers for that model are.

He is having the same problem I am with my A105-s4074. I reinstalled my os (XP-pro) and can't find drivers for the mass storage or Ethernet controller. Also having a problem with the WI-FI.  ... This is a problem with the drivers..

Your model, on the other hand, has plenty of XP drivers available.

The driver for mass storage is this one.

Texas Instruments PCIxx21 FlashMedia Driver for Windows XP/2000

There are several LAN drivers here on this US site. Try them all.

I would use this one for the WiFi.

Intel(R) 802.11a/b/g,b/g Driver V10.5.1.59/V9.0.4.17 & PROSet V10.5.0.1

If you are having trouble with some, it's probably because you are installing them in the wrong order. Probably best to begin again. You should install the Intel chipset software followed by the Intel display driver prior to any other drivers. Install the Common Modules before any other Toshiba utilities.

I have attached the suggested installation order for that product line (Satellite A100 (PSAA8) from the European site). Notice that it covers other models as well; so some of the items do not apply.

-Jerry