Sarah82

M45 S269 Power Saving Driver

[ Edited ]

I have an older Toshiba laptop (M45-S269) running Windows XP. I recently had to reset it to factory settings. Once I did I had to re-install all the drivers again because they weren't there. Well, everything worked fine & computer is actually running great except... I the power saving driver won't install. I go through the process & then at that end it says "ERROR" & the it terminates. Now this really isn't that big of an issue considering everything that was wrong with it before but I've noticed that since then my laptop won't hibernate or sleep. There isn't even a section in my Control Panel (like before) under Power Settings that even mentions Hibernation or Sleep. & when I go to Start then turn off, it does say "Stand By", but it's grayed out & won't let me click on it. :smileysad: I was wondering if there is another way I can hibernate or sleep. Another driver? I downloaded the Power Saving driver from this website for my specific computer & Windows XP, but is there another way to do it??? It's not that big of a deal & I'm basically a novice when it come to these things so please keep that in my when you respond :smileyhappy:. Is there something else I need to download in order to get the Power Saving driver to work? Is there any solution at all??? I really miss my hibernate & sleep functions because I used to use them all the time. Thanks so much in advance for any help. :smileyhappy:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: M45 S269 Power Saving Driver

Satellite M45-S269

I recently had to reset it to factory settings. Once I did I had to re-install all the drivers again because they weren't there.

So we can easily infer that whatever it was you did, you did not restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

Best to do that. You may still be able to obtain the discs from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

If not, get them from a third party.

Digitalmedia-labs.com

Recovery-Disks.com

MyRecoveryCDs.com

Recovery-CD.com

RestoreDisks.com

RestoreCD4u

-Jerry