Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy
Accepted Solution

M2 Drivers

Hi, Many years ago I bought a Tecra M2, with model no PTM20E-OILOC-7D.

I only use this now when I am going into hospital to watch DVD's, passes all those dull moments.

My problem is that it has become very corrupted, usually it runs Win XP.  Apparently the only hope to use it agian is to wipe the hard drive and re-install XP.. The problem is that I don't have any disks to re-install Toshiba Drivers...

Can somebody help and tell me where I can get these antique software?  Please

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: M2 Drivers

You'll find your drivers and utilities here.

If you reinstall Windows XP clean, be sure to install the drivers in the correct order. Install the chipset software followed by the display driver prior to any other drives. Install the Common Modules before any other Toshiba utilities. I have attached the suggested order of installation.

I have also attached the User's Manual.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi Jerry,

Many thanks for your help.

I have downloaded the order of instal and the manual.  When I look at the drivers etc, there are some 15 shown, do I download all? and is it possble to download those needed to my PC and put onto a CD or DVD and install from there?

I am sorry to be a bit dim but at near 70 the grey matter is gone past grey to white.

All the best

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I don't know the details for that model, but..

I expect you'll need most of the drivers and utilities to make all the functions on your laptop work. The suggested order may include things you don't have. Except for my admonitions, don't take it too seriously.

Sure, you can download them at any time and put them anywhere.

I'm 78.

-Jerry
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

PyrusBoy said: " at near 70 the grey matter is gone past grey to white."

Don't pull that age crap on us young feller!!!  :smileylol:

C.B.  (83)

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

BTW, PyrusBoy, it just dawned on me that you mentioned in your last post about 15 drivers at the download site Jerry referred you to. NO, there are 7 PAGES of possible drivers there! You just saw the first page. Look down at the bottom after that 15th driver listing and you will see Page numbers listed 1 thru 7.  Click on each one of those for more possible drivers.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

But C.B., if he changes the OS Version to Windows XP, which is all he's interested in, there will only be just over 4 pages of drivers.

Mike

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Thanks, Mike, I failed to check that and I should have,  and 4 pages will be a lot less intimidating for him.

C.B.

C.B.

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Good morning all,

I have tried to make sense of the drivers on the 4 pages, I have made efforts to follow which driver is in where. So far I am completely at a loss. Its a great pity that one cant just order a cd with all on to simply put in the cd drive.

I am afraid that I do need more help sorting out the grain from the chaff. Has anyone got the time to help further please, it would be most helpful.. I have got a completely clean laptop with just XP Professional installed.

Super Advisor
miker643

...Its a great pity that one cant just order a cd with all on to simply put in the cd drive...

But you can mate:

Recovery Media Order shop

Mike

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi,  Have tried that after your suggestion,, it comes back too old for the service. Thanks anyway,

All the best.

I have installed a lot of the drivers, but some, like Cisco Client Utility , I could not find an exact match

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi Its me again, I have installed the drivers, but thinks I must have got something wrong with the network driver as it is syaing " No wired or wireless cards are installed in your machine".. Any ideas which one is the correct one, as there appears to be several, and can I install it now, or go all the way back to the start? I have treied the connection wizard to find the Ip address but with no card detected that can't work.  All the rest seems to be okay.

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Three posts in a row, I must be needy,

I have looked in Device Manager and the following is not installed

Other Devices

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

Unknown Device

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I can't find any driver downloads that contain the above? How can I rectify this, Please?

{PyrusBoy

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Go to your model's download page, select the 'Operating System' as 'Windows XP'

Download these files to your desktop, these are zip files, so you'll need a zip extraction file like Jzip to extract the .exe files to be able to double click to install them in this order:

Chip Set Utility Intel

Display Driver nVidia

Sound Driver Analog Devices Inc.

LAN Driver Intel (01/12/08)

Wireless LAN driver Atheros

After you have installed these drivers if you still have an 'Unknown Device' in Device Manager, then use this method to identify the 'Unknown Device'.

Please let us know what happens, and/or what the unknown device is.

Good luck.

Mike

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

...Have tried that after your suggestion,, it comes back too old for the service....

You could try these third party recovery media suppliers. But, we have no information on them so use caution. Also, not sure how difficult it would or wouldn't be to ship them into Europe.

Digitalmedia-labs.com

MyRecoveryCDs.com

RestoreDisks.com

RestoreCD4u

Mike

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi Mike,

So far I have got just two items at fault . Both showing drivers not installed. The first is Network Controller.. Which shows as Device details PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1043&SUBSYS_225818086&REV_04\4&16793A72&0&28FO. I downloaded Lan - 20081201094105.zip, unzipped it to a CD. (Which I am fairly sure is the one you suggested)    It did not show any .exe files, just at the end PROUnsfl.exe.  I tried to update the driver,by letting it search for a driver,  specifying "d" the cd drive. The drive started, then stopped. Nothing more happened and the driver was not installed.  The other Unknown Device seems to be Video driver deice driver details :ACPI\SMCF030\4&32D50C2&0.

Any further thoughts please?

Super Advisor
miker643

Download these two files, put them on your desktop, double click to install them, reboot if requested.

Toshiba ACPI Common Modules for Windows XP/2000

Intel(R) 802.11b Driver V1.2.4.41

Check Device Manager after installing them, and see if this has cleared your unknown devices. If it has, test your wireless connection and see if it's working now.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi Mike.

Wireless seems to be working now, although as I have my router wireless turned off, we are wired between the PC's.

This "Unknown Uevice" seems to be the bug in the wood. If I unistall it the laptop runs up as normal.. Once it has detected it and put it back on the list, the laptop after initial Bios screen , come on Windows (Very Dull) waits for about 90 seconds then comes up bright, starts to load, with the blue bars stopping periodically, but does eventually load.

Since running the two programs , I also get in Network Adapter that IEEE 1394 Network Adapter cannot start, I have tried to uninstall and use the install hardware to find it plug and play. It does not respond when looking for drivers.

The details of the Network adapter are V1394\NIC1394\52D74A3900... Sorry to be a pain, I think after all this old Laptop pain it is giving me a very large Scotch will be calling.. I do thank you for trying to help.

Well at last after all the rain the sun is shinning in Kent.

PyrsuBoy

Super Advisor
miker643

This will hopefully fix the LAN driver problem. But, it's unclear from your post if this is the unknown device you were speaking about. Again, download, put on the desktop, double click to install.

Toshiba Gigabit Ethernet LAN Driver for Windows XP

Good luck.

Mike

Occasional Contributor
PyrusBoy

Hi,

Well with very many thanks to all who have helped, all seems to be well now, nothing showing as a problem in the devices box.

Thanks.

PyrusBoy