Beta

Lost network drivers after installing Windows7

I have Toshiba laptop (Satellite U505-S2925BN), upgraded from vista to Win7, every thing is working fine except when I checked the drivers on the device manager I found a question mark under other devices and when I open it I found 4 drivers missing: Base system Device (2 times), Network Controller, and unknown device. I also noticed that my wireless is not working it is not detecting my router and I can not connect to internet any more. When I click on the question mark I got this message "The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)" I have tried to find these drivers on Toshiba site with no help. All drivers are available except this one..any idea what could be the problem??

Regular Advisor
LawrenceB

Re: Lost network drivers after installing Windows7

Go to this site and click the link "Download Toshiba Software Installer for Windows 7 now". Install the software and hopefully it will find the missing drivers for your system.

clifb3

Don't know if you noticed but the prob was no internet access. You have to have internet access for those solutions to work.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite U505-S2925BN

I would use the Ethernet connection instead. If it doesn't work either, download this driver using another computer (the one you're using now) and transfer it.

Realtek LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)

-Jerry