Occasional Contributor
SmylnJack

Re: Latest NVIDIA Drivers (v267.24) can be installed onto Toshiba Qosmio X505!!!!

Hi, I'm surprised that you are just now upgrading your drivers unless you just purchased your laptop but no matter.  Yes, I would go to the nvidia website and download the most recent beta driver.  I believe that one of the things (but not totally sure) that need be done as well for everything to work properly is that you turn off any power saving stuff and go full on power in your power settings. You can turn the keyboard lights to be on all the time as well if you wish which is how I like it to be as I am using this laptop as my gaming PC for the time bewing while I am waiting for parts (LOL< after I order them!) to get my desktop gaming rig up and running so I don't have to use the laptop any longer for gaming unless I am on vacation or something or the desktop is down again but then my hallway is lined with PC's in diverse states of repair and disrepair so that is never an issue anyway.

Anyway after installing the beta driver go ahead and play a game or whatever graphical stuff you do on your laptop and I would bet it will work just fine.  Do come back and tell us though if there are further issues as we might have had the same one and someone else can post.  (which of course people are free to do anyway  ;O)

Hope that helps ya some!

Sovielus

Re: Latest NVIDIA Drivers (v267.24) can be installed onto Toshiba Qosmio X505!!!!

[ Edited ]

I'm currently running a Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7272 with an nVidia GeForce GTX 560M graphics card. I've been having a lot of problems with it (random blue screens of death, Mass Effect 2 crashes every time I try to go the menu). So I tried to download the latest driver on Toshiba's site (bad idea, I know), that didn't work (it actually made my computer freeze after about a minute after start up). So I tried downloading the latest beta driver, and that has actually run, though it still gives me the blue screen of death whenever I try to load up the nvidia settings in the control panel or on the taskbar. So I'm going to download and install the latest WHQL driver now and see if that works better.

EDIT: Ok, scratch that. The latest WHQL driver works horribly. It gets just pasted the "Starting Windows" screen and then it just goes black. I had to start up in safe mode and uninstall the driver in order to get back on my laptop. So looks like back to the latest beta for the time being. I'm going to try it on a high-graphics game to see if it still acts up.

Occasional Contributor
DrNil

Yep, they do not work at all. If anything made my x505-850 crash more often o_0  I am now running the 257.xx forceware along with CoreAVC Pro to decode h264 and thus far I have yet to suffer a meltdown when watching a BRD, for example. I am not a gamer, so I dunno about the performance of these drivers when gaming.

harrylo

Hello, I have a Qosmio X505-Q894 and I succesfully installed the nvidia 280.26 drivers WHQL version. I decided to install these drivers because I felt a lack of performance while playing Far Cry 3 and also noticed some glitches. After installing the 280.26 drivers I experienced a fantastic improvement in the frames per second rate and the glitches are now part of the past. I highly recommend installing these drivers from the nvidia webpage.