Occasional Builder
LordSoth

Latest NVIDIA Drivers (v267.24) can be installed onto Toshiba Qosmio X505!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

If you have been waiting to install the latest NVIDIA drivers for your Qosmio, you don't have to wait any longer!

NOW, you can do so directly from NVIDIA!

Just go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

The latest v267.24 (BETA) is currently working very well on my X505 - Q898.

It is also very stable.

Under Windows 7, there isn't any instance of the dreaded "Display driver is not working" error message.

I managed to run the DA2 demo at maximum settings under DX11.

In fact, as per the development "read me" file, this version of the driver is meant to improve the performance of NVIDIA GPUs for DA2.

Now I can't wait to get my hands on the official version of Dragon Age 2.

BTW, this is an official BETA driver from NVIDIA so install this at your own risk!

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q898 8GB Ram Win 7 x64 Ultimate (w USB 3.0)
Occasional Contributor
ncdl

Re: Latest NVIDIA Drivers (v267.24) can be installed onto Toshiba Qosmio X505!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have a Q890, and still will not allow/work in Sleep Mode.

Occasional Builder
LordSoth

Re: Latest NVIDIA Drivers (v267.24) can be installed onto Toshiba Qosmio X505!!!!

Hi,

My toshiba X505-Q898 laptop is used as a desktop replacement.

So I use maximum performance power settings all the time.

So far, the system is very stable.

Games such as Dragon Age Origins and DA2 demo are running very smoothly at maximum settings.

I am very happy with the v267.24 driver.

buyukbang

Thank you very much for this great news :smileyhappy: I'll try it .

buyukbang

Tested today,

1- Uninstalled old driver and restarted system.

2- Installed new driver and restarted system.

3- My Q898 started without any problem.

4- Checked driver version from Device Manager, it's upgraded.

5- Checked Backlight buttons, they are working as before !

6- Checked HDMI output to my TV, image and sound is OK via HDMI !

7- Played a game and checked GPU heat to decide if the GPU fan is working or not, it is OK, too !

So everything is OK, driver seems very stable completly compatible to my Q898 : )

Occasional Builder
LordSoth

Hi Buyukbang,

Glad to hear that the beta driver works for you too! :smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
SmylnJack

Yup, I can confirm that those beta drivers are still running just fine on my X505-896 as well.  I have played all sorts of games and am nowplaying the add on to Fallout: New Vegas called Dead Money without a hitch.  I too however have my rig set on the "gaming" or power settings on high.  What LordSoth said...  I can let my laptop go to sleep and any other way that it needs to be and all has been well.  I have my keyboard lights on all the time and just plain do not care about saving any electricity!  :smileysurprised:  I sure wish that we could get one of the Toshiba nvidia driver writers on here to comment as to why that is and why we still aren't able to use the certified drivers since the only thing keeping us back is becasue Toshiba is telling nvidia not to allow us to use them becasue Toshiba is making those "specialized" drivers for our laptops.  Ya, whatever...   :smileymad:

Occasional Builder
LordSoth

Hi SmylnJack,

Yes, I am guilty of that too.:smileytongue:

My backlit keyboard is on all the time.

Well, most of us did buy this gaming rig to play games, so I have been running my laptop at maximum performance settings all the time.....

BTW, for those who are curious, the eco mode button works normally too with the latest beta NVIDIA drivers.

This has gotta be the most stable "beta" drivers for just about anything I have ever installed.:smileyvery-happy:

OneEyeRed

I finally got this to work. I had to first install the 2.657 driver and then overwrite with this driver. Otherwise, I kept getting an incompatibility error. So far so good and I will keep you folks updated on how it works for me. Thanks again for all the effort put through to this community. This is really sad that it has come to this Toshiba and I can only imagine if its this bad for a display driver what will bios updates be like? The first and last Toshiba purchase for me...

Occasional Contributor
howarde

I have been having issues with the Toshiba driver. The screen will "black out" and I get a message that the adapter reset.

I hope the beta driver will resolve the issue.

I use my laptop for development, not gaming.

OneEyeRed

So far so good. Played RIFT at max settings for hours last night with zero issues.

Occasional Contributor
zeno2

[ Edited ]

why not use v270.61 since it is the latest (certified) driver?  mine which is a qosmio x500-s1801 has the v188.29 driver in it and it is also giving me the dreaded shut down and recover message every so often too but i'm afraid to try any newer drivers because from what i've been reading people are having the same problem regardless of the driver version used.  something else must be causing this shut down and recover message if this is the case.  what else could be causing this anyone? 

(edit:smileyhappy:  problem solved, used toshibas (nVidia Display Driver(v8.17.12.5912; 08-11-2010; 151.67M) driver and problem is gone now and i lost no toshiba specific features either.  i called them and talked to them on the phone and they knew about his problem and how to solve it by using their own driver.

edit:  found this on the nvidia site.  it's telling us that their updates are laptop specific so we won't lose any toshiba specific functions.  i wonder if it's true.  anyhow i fixed my problem, all i did was open the nvidia control panel and change the mode under Physx configuration from automatic to gpu and that did the trick.  what it does is stop the cpu from searching for the right gpu or cpu which is time consuming enough to cause the stop and re-start of the nvidia drivers.  here is the section i found on the nvidia site >>>>

As the name suggests, the programme will see a new nVidia notebook GPU driver every three months. nVidia has apparently spent the last year putting together a modularised driver architecture allowing a unified installer which will work on any laptop with any nVidia graphics card. More importantly, vendor-specific tweaks will still be preserved when updating.
^^^^^^^^

tenebre

Hello,

Excuse me
for my English writing, but I am French and does not speak too quite English.

I have
Qosmio X500-10W bought in France
in December 2009.

It is still
under guarantee (3 years).

I make a
point of announcing a new update of the driver of the graphics board Geforce
GTS 250M, who has just passed to the version: 280.26 on August 9, 2011.

Previously,
it was with version 275.33.

I installed
version 275.33, and that functions very well.

I wait a
few days to install the version: 280.26. 

In France, Toshiba
does not diffuse the evolutions of the other components, as for graphics board
NVIDIA. I was broken down, and it was necessary that I seek on NVIDIA to find
version 275.33, which solved my problems.

If somebody
can inform me about the passage to version 280.26, I would be content.

Thanks

Occasional Contributor
SmylnJack

Hi Tenebre, Not quite sure what you are asking but I have an X505-896 and I just installed the newest WHQL nvidia Verde drivers (280.26) over the top of 275.33 with no problems whatsoever. 

I saw someone up above there a ways had uninstalled their previous nvidia drivers and then installed the latest nvidia drivers at that time but that isn't neccessary at all.  The only thing that one really should do is temporarily turn off your virus checker because once in a blue moon that causes problems but then that was more in the past that this happened too.

One of the reasons that we should install the newest drivers right over the top of whatever the last driver was is that you save the game settings that were in the previous driver package and then have new ones with the newer driver package.  After all that is why many people buy these "gaming" laptops is to   uh, play games.

LOL, I just want to thank Toshiba for one thing though.  Or not, this month is the one year date of not putting out one single new nvidia driver package for their "gaming" laptops.  I am not sure how they can call these laptops "gaming" laptops in good conscience and not put out any new drivers for a year solid but then we have figured out how to do it ourselves anyway.  Just saying...  In all actuality though I must say that my laptop has pretty much taken every game I have thrown at it and played it on mostly the highest settings without a glitch.

Anyway, perhaps you could put what you are asking in another way so that dummy me can figure it out or perhaps swomeone else on here speaks French?

sci77

[ Edited ]

tenebre -

If driver version 275.33 works very well for you then keep using it.

The newest Verde 280.26 Driver deals mostly with 3D vision controllers for 3D vision gaming and your GTS 260m can not support 3D vision gaming. so there is no real need to upgrade you GPU drivers.

Occasional Contributor
SmylnJack

@ sci77  Hi, I am not so sure about the actual graphics card not "supporting" 3D.  The graphics card itself certainly does support 3D since as you say the Verde graphics drivers 280.26, for mobile nvidia graphics cards and our card as well the 460m came with a load of games that are now either in 3D or are better in 3D than previous drivers.

I guess I will have  to connect my Acer GD235HZ 23", 120Hz, 1080P monitor up with my laptop and see but I have a feeling that connected to an appropriate monitor that you could very well play 3D games with this laptop together with the nvidia glasses and wireless connections which I also have.  You might notice in the release notes HERE that 280.26 also added support for several other monitors but the one I have has been out for some time so I know it has already been included.

I'll try that out tommorrow if I get a chance to see but as far as just the graphics card it does support 3D as do most all nvidia graphics cards whether mobile or desktop for quite some time.  This new driver in particualr though beginning with 280 is including 3D vision drivers as well in every driver package so that you don't have to download them seperately or at least that is what it says in the release notes.

Occasional Contributor
kkwan77

Any love for the Qosmio X775-3DV78??? :smileymad:

Occasional Contributor
SmylnJack

@ kkwan77  Hi, All you can do is try it out like we all did.  Just make sure and install a beta driver first and possibly the one we have been discussing on here and if that works fine and your laptop will do all the things a laptop does like go to sleep when you close the lid and all then go ahead and install the latest WHQL driver because that beta got us all past that nag screen that doesn't let Toshiba laptops install their drivers. Also if it does work you will probably want to share it with all of the other people that have the newer laptops such as yours. I have an X505-896 myself.  You might as well try it though because it can't hurt anything and you sure won't be getting anything from Toshiba any time soon since I have had my laptop since last Christmas and there hasn't been even one graphics driver from them during that time.  Personally I think they should take the word "gaming" out of their description of this line because in order for it to play the latest games it really needs to have the latest drivers which include files for the newest games coming out.  These are strong laptops though and even mine will play anything I throw at it on pretty much the highest settings so I have no issue with the laptop itself, just with Toshiba's lack of support for it.

Good luck!  

nikom980

is 3d working with this set of driver?

Do you have 3D Stereoscopic in the NVIDIA Control Panel?

RCSMG

I have an X505 860 will this driver work ok with it?