Josh78

L505D-G6000 ATI Driver

Ok I know the whole issue with Toshiba not updating thier Video Drivers unless thier is a bug ect. However seeing as how my current driver is almost a year old will totally removing the driver and attempting to use ATI's Version of the HD 4200 work? Or perhaps another Toshiba Driver that is current and also supports the ATI Radeon HD 4200?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: L505D-G6000 ATI Driver

Maybe the L505D-GS6000? If so try completely uninstalling your existing ATI/AMD Display Driver then install the following driver.  And you absolutely HAVE to uninstall your existing driver as it will NOT install if you have the Toshiba supplied driver installed.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/10-7_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe if you have 64bit Windows or

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/10-7_mobility_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc.exe if you have 32bit Windows.

Keep track of those links as you can update the link as newer versions are released by changing the 7 to 8, 9, 10, etc. as they are released.  Getting to those drivers through the AMD/ATI support site can be a nightmare.  It's much easier to use the direct links.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Josh78

Small update after removing the driver and isntalling the latest Catalyst software I now have updated ATI drivers. SC2 plays like a dream now :smileyhappy:

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Sweet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

daikun

can you tell me how many drivers their are to uninstall and what to uninstall... like a step by step