mewnlite
Accepted Solution

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150

My apologies if this post appears twice. After I was graciously allowed to create a "new message", I tried to post it and I was then put through the registration process. After I got the email confirmation thing and did all I had to do, then the post was gone!

I have a customer's Toshiba Satellite P755 S5215 laptop whose hard drive was defective. I have replaced it with a new one and have installed Windows 7 back on it with a retail DVD. I was able to download and install all the drivers except one from the Toshiba Download site. I *think* the correct file is listed as Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Software(v6.5.0.64; 07-14-2011; 10.49M). The resulting download is the file tc10112100a.exe which is supposed to extract and execute. It does extract but it doesn't execute.

I've Googled and found a few cases where people had the same problem but haven't found a solution as yet. As you can see in my attachment, there is another wireless device which installed correctly and wireless is working OK on the computer. I do notice that the one that won't install has "wireless-N" in its title whereas the other one doesn't.

Can someone here help me out?

Thanks!

mewnlite

Re: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 - SOLVED

mewnlite wrote:
I have a customer's Toshiba Satellite P755 S5215 laptop whose hard drive was defective. I have replaced it with a new one and have installed Windows 7 back on it with a retail DVD. I was able to download and install all the drivers except one from the Toshiba Download site. I *think* the correct file is listed as Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Software(v6.5.0.64; 07-14-2011; 10.49M). The resulting download is the file tc10112100a.exe which is supposed to extract and execute. It does extract but it doesn't execute.

I've Googled and found a few cases where people had the same problem but haven't found a solution as yet. As you can see in my attachment, there is another wireless device which installed correctly and wireless is working OK on the computer. I do notice that the one that won't install has "wireless-N" in its title whereas the other one doesn't.

Can someone here help me out?

Thanks!

OK. I figured it out with the help of a friend in alt.windows7.general.

tc10112100a.exe was the right file. It extracted but didn't execute. I found the temp folder that it extracted to and it contained a "setup.exe" I ran *that* and it worked.

Gotta love those usenet newsgroups. I never *could* get anything out of these forums!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 - SOLVED

Satellite P755-S5215

Just a comment..

Sometimes there's useful software on the original drive that's not downloadable here. That's one reason most techs restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. The unwanted bloatware can be uninstalled.

And it's easier to do just the one restore. Still another reason is that the cost is low because that version of Windows has been preactivated.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry