RickDeCastro
Accepted Solution

I can't to uninstall the TOSHIBA Value Added Package.

Hi guys.

I have the "TOSHIBA Value Added Package", in English (util_tvap_TC00214700M.exe), installed on Windows 7 in my A215-SP4057 and I want to uninstall it to install the version in Spanish (util_tvap_TC20043100A.exe).

After to click in "Uninstall or Change Program" in the Control Panel, in the InstallShield Wizard, I select Remove and [Next], click in [Yes] for "Do you want to completely remove the selected application..." and then it shows me a window that says:
"The wizard was interrupted before TOSHIBA Value Added Package could be completely installed."

"The system has not been modified. To instal this program at a later time, run the instalation again."

"Click Finish to exit the wizard."

I've repeated this several times and the result is the same.

Well, if there is no another way, can I to get instructions on how to uninstall it manually?

TIA

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: I can't to uninstall the TOSHIBA Value Added Package.

Satellite A215-SP4057 (PSAFGU-02M004)

Very similar to this one, whose drivers are here.

Satellite A215-S7427 (PSAFGU-01W002)

After to click in "Uninstall or Change Program" ... "The wizard was interrupted before TOSHIBA Value Added Package could be completely installed." 

Try both of these approaches.

1. Reinstall the same utility over itself and then try the uninstall.

2. Try to uninstall after booting into Safe Mode.

Start your computer in safe mode

-Jerry
RickDeCastro

Hi Jerry.

Thanks for responding.

Before to send my message, I had tried to uninstall from the safe mode, but would not let me uninstall saying anything about "could not to access the Windows Installer".

However, after reinstalling the same version (as you noted), I was able to uninstall without problems.

I've marked your message like a solution.

Thanks very much.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Glad to learn reinstalling worked for you. It's a classic solution for uninstall problems.

-Jerry