ChristopherR

How do I reinstall the original factory settings of my Satellite L305-S5919 laptop?

[ Edited ]

I have a Satellite L305-S5919 laptop and I want to reinstall my operating system.  I used to own a Dell laptop and when you purchased the computer, you were given reinstallation CDs.  After a year or so, it is recommended that you reinstall your operating system to give your computer a "face lift" and clean slate.  When you popped those in, it would completely overwrite your harddrive to give you a clean install.  This would put the computer back to the original factory condition. 

How do I do this with my current Toshiba laptop, when there are no reinstallation CDs that came with the laptop??

Can anyone help with this situation?

Regular Advisor
Rincewind

Re: How do I reinstall the original factory settings of my Satellite L305-S5919 laptop?

ChristopherR wrote:

I have a Satellite L305-S5919 laptop and I want to reinstall my operating system.  I used to own a Dell laptop and when you purchased the computer, you were given reinstallation CDs.  After a year or so, it is recommended that you reinstall your operating system to give your computer a "face lift" and clean slate.  When you popped those in, it would completely overwrite your harddrive to give you a clean install.  This would put the computer back to the original factory condition. 

How do I do this with my current Toshiba laptop, when there are no reinstallation CDs that came with the laptop??

Can anyone help with this situation?

Toshiba includes a recovery partition on the hard drive.  If you want recovery disks, then you get to make them. Instructions are on page 60 of the user's guide.  Or you can order them from Toshiba Customer Service (800-457-7777)

Satellite L300 Series User's Guide