Occasional Contributor
Louis126
Accepted Solution

Firmware Update?

Hello All,

At the suggestion of someone on the Apple iTunes Discussion Forums, I have decided to try asking this question here. I am having issues with my CD/DVD ROM Drive. Someone there (after reading my diagnostic report) suggested that there may be newer Toshiba-supplied firmware available for the drive.

I own a Satellite A215 (but have no idea what "family" it is a part of, or what version --- can someone please tell me how I can determine this information?)

The CD/DVD ROM:  TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H, Rev TO02

I have the Toshiba-supplied version of the firmware for the TS-L632H (which according to the iTunes responder, stops it throwing 2131s).

The newer firmware update would be available either for the TO03 and/or TO04 drive (but how can I determine which one I need, though).

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

PS --- By the way, I am running Windows Vista Home Basic Edition (Service Pack 2), with AMD 64 Athlon X2.

Thanks again!!

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Firmware Update?

I own a Satellite A215 (but have no idea what "family" it is a part of, or what version --- can someone please tell me how I can determine this information?)

On the bottom of your laptop will be a Toshiba label. On there you will find something like:

Satellite A215-S4697

Part number: PSAEGU-00V00U

Please give us these numbers and tell us if you're using the Vista 32bit or 64bit version. If your computer is not a USA model, what country was it originally purchased in?

Mike

luckygirlmc

I too am having the same problem! I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818.  Model Number PSAFGU-05F01D. I am running a 32-bit version of Vista. Also, the laptop was purchased in the US.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I want to be able to burn CDs once again! Having the same issues with iTunes and have no idea what firmware update to use.

Thanks!

Super Advisor
miker643

Luckygirl

Here's your system's specs and downloads.

Satellite A215-S5818 Specifications

Satellite A215-S5818 Downloads

There is a firmware update for Optical Disk Drive (CD/DVD) TS-L632. As Toshiba often uses different components, to make sure that is the drive you have, click on 'Start' and type in   msinfo32.exe   and click on this file. Inside System Information, click on the '+' (plus) symbol beside 'Components', then click on 'CD-ROM', and check that the 'Name' contains TS-L632. This firmware update specifically fixes "Unable to burn songs from iTunes to certain CD media. iTunes error "The attempt to burn a disc fialied. An unknown error occurred (2131)" is displayed."

Toshiba (TSST) TS-L632* DVD Drive Firmware Update

Please let us know if it works.  Good luck.

Mike

luckygirlmc

Happy days are here again! Thank you so much! It worked.

Super Advisor
miker643

Excellent! Happy to help, thanks for letting us know.

Mike

antoine

Hello, i try to found firmware and driver for MAT**bleep**A DVD-RAM UJ-805S ata Device.Thanks for your help

pharma11

Problem burning CD on Toshiba Satellite Laptop

I'm having a problem burning a CD on iTunes.  The message I receive, "Unable to burn, unknown error (-3)".  I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4184, Model PSAA8U-SK7034, Vista 32-bit version.  Tried updating iTunes, switching CDs.  Don't know what else to do.  Can someone please help?