deeree230

FWLNK.SYS

I have searched everywhere for this file and cannot find anything about it on the Tosiba web site.  I have a  Satellite L305 S5908 that I downgraded to WinXP SP3, and my device manager has an exclamation mark on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System/ Unknown Device"  This unknown device only shows when I view hidden devices.  When I try to update device, the file that it is asking for is FWLNK.sys for Toshiba Firmware Linkage Driver. Do I need this file for XP?  Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, I searched my whole computer and downloaded all the XP Drivers and utilities for this model, and I do not have this file.   Thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: FLUNKY'S

Satellite L305-S5908 

"Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System/ Unknown Device"

Anything doesn't work right?

Did you install the Intel Chipset Patch followed by the Intel Display Driver prior to any other drivers?

Did you install the Common Modules prior to any Toshiba utilities (especially Power Saver)?

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
PedroDagr8

http://techforcommoners.blogspot.com/2009/10/dreaded-tos1901-missing-device-on.html?showComment=1256...

There ya go. I have a d/l for essentially all OS versions of FWLnk.sys.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thank you, Pedro!

-Jerry
Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Kewl Beans Dude.  Got that one bookmarked for future reference as I'm sure it's going to come up again. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Advisor
PedroDagr8

[ Edited ]

Haha, yeah that was a fun one. I had to decompress several installers deep to get to the FWLnk.sys. As I have mentioned before elsewhere, the programers at Toshiba had a huge flaw on my model. The Supervisor Password Utility is the utility that installs this driver. Well in Vista and Win7, the driver has to be installed FIRST or the SPU errors out saying invalid serial number, get this, BEFORE it installs the driver. So it was a Catch-22, you had to have the driver before you could install the program but you had to install the program to install the driver.

Yeah, I decided to make a full post about it as it seemed like LOTS of people were reporting ACPI\TOS1901 errors and couldn't find the driver. Even I couldn't until I decided to see if I could extract it from the installer. Turns out it was like 3 installers deep.

Glad I could help some people out.