jerryweaver

External Monitor PA3923U-1LC3 USB Monitor - Driver Issue

I am running a DELL Latitude E6400 Laptop with Windows XP and purchased the External Monitor PA3923U-1LC3 USB Monitor. I seem to have a boot issue related to the driver. I had my IT group look into it and they removed and reloaded the driver several times and the latest driver that I loaded is the issue. To get the laptop up I have to boot the laptop in safe mode then select restart and the XP OS finally loads. I am running the TC30309700A.exe driver. Is anyone having this issue. Would someone from DELL please help.

Jerry

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: External Monitor PA3923U-1LC3 USB Monitor - Driver Issue

Would someone from DELL please help.

I think you've got your forums crossed, Jerry. This one is for Toshiba machines.

Dell laptop forums

-Jerry
jerryweaver

Jerry, Thanks for your quick reply. I will post the first message on the DELL forums as well, but I thought I would start here. I am a bit naive regarding drivers and how they differ between individual laptop/comupter manufactures. My initial thought is that it was a issue with Windows XP Pro and the driver for the Toshiba PA3923U-1LC3 USB Monitor.

Thanks,

Jerry

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Toshiba 14-inch USB Mobile LCD Monitor - PA3923U-1LC3

Based on a little research, Jerry, I believe the driver here will work just fine for that monitor.

DisplayLink USB Graphics Windows Driver 5.6

Be sure to see the installation instructions for Windows XP, which begin on p. 10 of the attachment. Notice that the monitor should not be connected during the driver installation.

Please let us know how it goes.

-Jerry