bobbyjoe

Drivers for satellite m55 - s135

:smileyindifferent: Can anyone direct me towards drivers for the following 

Ethernet controller

Multimedia audiocontroller

Pci modem

Video controller

Video controller  (vga compatible)

I basically installed a new hard drive on my laptop, set up went fine, but as mentioned above,on the device manager  under other devices it has a yellow question mark, and under properties it tellsme that the drivers are not installed   ( code 28 )  so i need to install these then i can set up my internet connection etc

Thanks

Bob

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Drivers for satellite m55 - s135

If you have a USA product go to the product support link at the top of this page, enter in your model number, then click on the downloads tab.  Now download the drivers, utilities, and applications for that model.  You can use the left hand Drop Down Menu to filter for OS and the right hand DDM to filter for type of file.

You might need to click on the blue text link that states Show All Models to show yours.

If your laptop is from a different country you will need to go to that countries Support Site to download the necessary drivers. 

--------------------8<------------------- <snip> ------------------

Install your drivers in this order.
Restart after each driver and take the time to test between drivers.
Some will apply and some won't.

The names are generic and may not match the names on the files exactly.  You'll need to use your best judgment to determine which ones to install.

Chipset software
Display driver
Sound driver
Modem Driver
If your machine has the internal WiFi card, then install the WLAN and/or WiFi driver
ACPI Common Modules (required for Power management tools to function)
Toshiba Console
Display Hotkey utility
Touchpad Driver
Touchpad enable/disable utility
Toshiba Network Device Switch utility
Toshiba Power Saver Utility
Toshiba Controls
Toshiba Utilities

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

kenjpetracek

HOW TO BOOT UP SATELIGHTE M-55S135

WHEN I TRY TO BOOT IT UP IT EATHER SAYS NO BOOT FILE NAME RECIDED OR IT WILL SAY NO DHCP OR PROXY OFFERS RECIDED PLEASE HELP POST OR SEND TO KENJPETRACEK@GMAIL.COM

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: HOW TO BOOT UP SATELIGHTE M-55S135

First off you need to fix your Caps Lock Key.  It appears to be stuck in the ON position.  Typing in all caps is considered to be the same as standing a foot in front of someone and screaming at them at the very top of your voice.  It's rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.  Doing so more than once will get a person banned for life in most forums.  It makes rreading a post much more difficult and also lowers your chances for replies as many people will ignore users who do this.  At the very most only capitalize a word or two as emphasis.

Second, this is a Forum and as such all replies are to the FORUM, not sent via e-mail. 

Next,you should have started your own thread since your question has absolutely nothing to do with this one.

Finally the DHCP and Proxy error normally means that the hard drive is failing (or has failed).  To test the hard drive determine what brand of hard drive you have.  You can check the Bios/Setup to find out or run SIW or Belarc Advisor.  Go to that manufacturer's support site and download their Self Booting Diagnostic CD ISO image, create the CD using the Burn From Image option (see http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm for more information on doing this), then boot to it and run the most exhaustive tests available.  If you have a Toshiba drive you will need to use the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test as Toshiba doesn't supply their own. http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.