IDX
IDX

Drivers for Satellite L505-S5966 for XP

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine gave me his laptop to install Windows XP Pro SP3 on after getting a virus that locked him out of his computer. He couldn't find his original recovery disc (his computer was running Vista) but I have an XP Pro disc so he wanted me to format his hard drive and install XP Pro. It installed just fine and I'm using my computer to get the drivers for his computer so it will run properly (wireless, display, sound, etc.). Because I've done this with my laptop (Satellite A305-S6905) I figured I could just go to the Toshiba site like I did for my computer and get the drivers. But when I searched for his drivers, only 3 or 4 popped up. I found this odd because when I downloaded the drivers for my laptop, I had much more to download. So I crossed my fingers and hoped that it really needed only these few. It turns out that I was wrong. He has no sound, can't set his display to its optimum resolution, can't connect to the internet, or anything. I've tried looking online for both help and/or some other tech site that has the rest of the drivers needed to no avail.

I'm hoping by posting here that someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction so I can get his laptop up and running as it did but with Windows XP Professional.

IDX
IDX

Re: Drivers for Satellite L505-S5966 for XP

Still nothing?

fmfonsec

Re: Drivers for Satellite L505-S5966 for XP

Hi.

I have the same problem, but my laptop is a L505-S6946. Toshiba could release these XP drivers, don't you agree? Did you find any other solution, such as a webpage were we can find these drivers? Thank you.