FreddeN93

Driver problem with Toshiba Satellite C660D-1C7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Well, there is not really a /problem/, I'm sure everything is in order. The problem on other hand may just ne my knowledge. Right, tonight will be my first time operating on a Toshiba laptop. I'm currently planning on doing a clean install of Windows 7 on it and to do that I require the drivers for the laptop.

I've been on this website to look for my drivers:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp

When I enter the information required, including the operating system (WIndows 7 64-bit) I get a huge list of 34 drivers. Do I really have to download and install all 34 drivers listed? Before I've owned a Dell laptop (Alienware M11x R2) and it only contained around 13 drivers.

Enough speculation. I need urgent help with the drivers. I need soemone to take me under his/her wing and tell me which drivers that are required to download and install to run the laptop properly. I've never quite enjoyed utilities but, if there is a utility out there required to run the laptop as well, please send me to that one as well. Other than that, I'm only interested in drivers.

Thank you very much.

Edit: I'm writing here because my user is refusing to get accepted on Toshiba's EU support forum.

DarioTaddei

Re: Driver problem with Toshiba Satellite C660D-1C7

I have the same question! I cleaned my Toshiba with a fresh installation of Windows 7, and then i downloaded and installed only a few drivers (display, lan, wifi etc etc) but now the laptop doesn't work properly, especially the display card! Is my problem caused by the lack of some drivers?

Kind Regards

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Satellite C660D-1C7 (PSC1YE-01T008EN)

Downloads here.

I need urgent help with the drivers. I need soemone to take me under his/her wing and tell me which drivers that are required to download and install to run the laptop properly

That's right. All those drivers and utilities are required in order to make your laptop function as designed. Not only that, but the order of installation matters.

So it make no sense (to me anyway) to go through all that. Maybe if you have nothing else to do.....

If you need to reinstall, it's far easier to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media. Then remove the extra garbage.

If you want to upgrade, just unlock the additional features this way.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

-Jerry
DarioTaddei

Thank you for the quick replay, but my problem is that i don't have the Box anymore! So where could I download Toshiba recovery media? or what is the "installation order" of the drivers?

Thanks

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

DarioTaddei wrote:...

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

The reply was for the original poster (who told us),.

-Jerry
DarioTaddei

i'm sorry, i have a Toshiba Satellite C660D-1D7!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C660D-1D7 (PSC1YE-02501CIT)   <-- the Italian version

Downloads here.

Order the recovery discs here.

Toshiba Europe Backup Media Online Shop

See instructions in the section Restoring the pre-installed software from your created Recovery Discs on p. 1-14 of the User's Manual (attached).

-Jerry