sundeep
Accepted Solution

Driver needed for unkown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1

Hi,

I just purchased a toshiba satellite L640

PART NUMBER-PSK0JG

I installed windows 7. I have been struggling to find drivers for this part number.

Two problems persist:

1.There is an unkown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1. I cannot find the driver for this.

2.  The hot key- display is not working.

If someone could help me out , it would be great!

Sundeep

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Driver needed for unkown device ACPI\QCI0701\2&DABBA3FF&1

[ Edited ]

Sundeep

Your model would appear to be from India. As well, while there are some similar models, there does not appear to be a very close European or USA model to yours. So before recommending some replacement model's drivers. Perhaps you should try the Toshiba India site first.  For whatever reason, Toshiba India is only supplying Windows 7-64bit drivers for your model.  Are you running the Windows 7 64bit or 32bit version?  If you installed the 32bit version, let us know, and do NOT proceed with installing the drivers and utilities below.

Here's Toshiba India's available specifications and drivers for your model:

Satellite L640 PSK0JG Specifications

Satellite L640 PSK0JG Win7-64bit Drivers

If you are running Win7-64bit you can use these drivers.  I would install them in this order.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

Intel Chipset SW Installation Utility

Intel Display Driver

Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver

This should resolve the unknown device problem and load the Toshiba supplied version of these crtitical drivers. Then I would load the Toshiba version of your sound card driver, LAN driver, WiFi Wireless driver, Bluetooth Stack, Bluetooth monitor, card reader driver, touchpad driver, java runtime and Toshiba webcam utility

To fix your 'hot-key display' problem, load these utilities in this order:

TOSHIBA Value Added Package

TOSHIBA Assist

Then the rest of the Toshiba utilities on page 2 of your utilities and drivers.

Good luck Sundeep.  Let us know what happens.

Mike

sundeep

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for the information.

But I have the 32 bit windows 7 version. 

And have struggled to find drivers for them.

Sundeep

Super Advisor
miker643

Sundeep

I have tried to find a set of specific Windows 7 32bit drivers for your system. But, Toshiba USA also has only the 64bit drivers. Toshiba Europe & Australia do not seem to have very close version of your model.

However, Toshiba Asia does:

Toshiba Satellite L640 (PSK0JL)

and they also sell this system without an operating system, like Toshiba India. But, their downloads site does not specify whether the Windows 7 drivers they are supplying are 32bit, 64bit, or both, but you could try them here:

Toshiba Asia Support Downloads

If these do not work, all I can suggest is swtiching to Windows 7 64 bit edition.

Good luck.

Mike

sundeep

Thanl you mike

yessgun

Have same problem with L750 (assembled in Germany). It was solved by "Tosiba Hardware Setup" installing