maufuks

Driver for printer & Windows 7

I have a Canon printer (PIXMA iP1200) which I have been unable to use with my new Satellite Pro due to lack of a driver for Windows 7.  I contacted Canon and they told me that they no longer provide updates for this printer. (As luck would have it, they still provide uptades for the iP1300!!).  Attempting a 'desperate measure', I tried to install the last updated driver (i believe it was for XP & Vista), but the computer rejected the installation due to incompatibility with Windows 7. 

The question: is there any way to bypass this driver problem and still use the iP1200 or will I have to throw away a printer which still works fine?

thanks for the support!

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Driver for printer & Windows 7

see if this one works. software.canon-europe.com/software/0038024_0010321.asp?model=

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
chedoggy

Re: Driver for printer & Windows 7

I have a satellite M505-S4972 running windows 7 32 bit, and cannot install an HP photosmart printer.  I also am having trouble installing simple usb hubs, even well known ones like Belkin -- off the shelf from best buys.  Any help for me?